Shit my dad says (1 Viewer)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I think "Shit my dad says" crashes the plugin, since it is named something like "$#!t my dad says", can you verify this?

Niclas

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I think "Shit my dad says" crashes the plugin, since it is named something like "$#!t my dad says", can you verify this?

Niclas

Show worked fine for me before I boxed up HTPC, but I did create a string replacement for it, because TheTVdB had it only listed as "$#*! My Dad Says", so I made a "String Replacement" entry that turned 'Shit My Dad Says' into '$#*! My Dad Says' and it has never been a problem.

Since then it looked like TheTVdB added an alias for the shows title, as "Shit My Dad Says" which redirects to the "$#*! My Dad Says" entry. This alias might be what is causing the crash for you, but without you providing any usable log files (debug mode), nobody will be able to know for sure.

But adding the string replacement should fix it for you as well.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    No crash here either with that show, but i have a own compiled plugin based on latest SVN so maybe not the best to compare with ;)
    But else as RoChess says, logs will tell more :)

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have I missed something all this time? Is there a way of marking recordings as favourites, and an easy way to display them? Thank you
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    I'm using MP1 Ukraine ( as a side issue Trend antivirus says later versions are ransomwear ) and I've used MP for many years. Have...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Thanks guys for your help so far, I'll check out the info.
    Hi, I've been using MP2 for a couple of years now. And I was wondering how easy would it be (for me) to add extra features to the...
    Replies
    Views
    If your tuners work with WMC, in most cases they should work with MP. However, tuners cannot simultaneously work with two different media center applications. So if WMC is accessing the tuners, MP won't be able to access them. To be sure that WMC is not interfering, you should use the Windows "Services" panel and disable all of the...
    If your tuners work with WMC, in most cases they should work with MP. However, tuners cannot simultaneously work with two different...
    Ok, so I'm a WMC7 user but I thought I should try MP2 since I'm sure my WMC7 is going to fade off to the distance soon. I've...
    Replies
    Views
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I prefer the buttons that I use most-frequently to be positioned near the center of the remote, which is not the case with that particular Dell remote. :( Battery life is often a problem. A remote that I...
    The layout of remotes does vary from one model/brand to another. I too find that some layouts are better than others. Generally, I...
    In Dec 2020: I purchased 2 remotes for my new HTPC install, eg: HP USB MCE IR RC6 Wireless Receiver and TSGH-IR02 Windows Media...
    Replies
    Views
    Hello, I will do so at WE and send the logs after the Problem!
    Hello, I will do so at WE and send the logs after the Problem!
    Nearly evere Startup comming up from sleep of the HTPC this Problem!!!! Going to the Configuration Setup, Automaticconnection...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom