[Rejected] short EPG Grabbing issue patch (1 Viewer)

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hi devs and community,

I dont know if that patch can be decided as bugfix or impruvement.

My DVBS provider broadcast full epg for current transponder and 2 next programs for all channels.

In Current DVB idle grabber implementation MP grabs i can get full EPG only if i select all channels to grab and turn on "store data only for selected channels" on
    Its very long time to grab whole epg data in that way.

With that patch its enough to grab data only from 1 channel per transponder to get Provider's comlplete EPG
    ("Alway try to update existing entries" option must be enabled)

:D

Attachments

• EPGgrabber.patch
      30.6 KB

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Does this patch by any chance grab EPG data for the channel your on regardless of weather it's selected or not on the TV epg grabber, Like most STB's and DVB software?

Is it a tweek of the MHW grabber or huffman trees for the DVB EPG grabber that works with your provider?

I don't understand you very well.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    For the first question - no, but i use this behaviour(ignore selected or not on the TV epg grabber for timeshift EPG grabber) on my custom build now.
    Its a tweak for DVB EPG Grabber

Ill try to explain what it is doing:
    Example:
    My provider broadcast from 10 transponders
    My provider sends EPGData on all channels
    Every channel consists epg data for all channels of provider
    But for channels placed on the curreent transponder it has full EPG data(for some days) and for channels placed on other transponders it has only data for next 2 programs.

With old behaviour even if i select 10 channels(from different transponders) to grab the epg data, only first channel will be grabbed because it consists information about all channels.
    With this tweak all selected for grabbing channels will be grabbed

joseosoria

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    i have a question guys :
    is there a fix for this epg problem?
    i use mc2xml to grab my epg from microsoft, the webepg does not have a way to grab my country's channels from tvguide.com and to add a new country in webepg for me is like writting chinese, is too troublesome to do it with all those parameters.
    so, the thing is xmltv grabs the data and mp the first time (new instal) pulls the data, everything is in place, only 4 or 5 channels that i do watch are out of synk by 1 hour(the program mp shows at 4pm was showed at 3pm in my country and the real program that is now showing is the one mp has at 5pm)
    but, after mp updates itself or i turn off the htpc and back on next day , the epg is out of synk in most of the channels(a big mess).
    i run a manual update in tvserer but the data is still wrong.
    then i have to import a back up, and then a manual tvserver epg import, and the problem comes back to only the 4 or 5 channels out of synk.
    then the process is the same every day .
    i have to run this bacup and import everytime i turn on mp in the morning .
    any advice how to fix this thing.
    personally i am getting tired of mp. always something has to be fixed.
    mp behaves like a wild bull, you have to be on top of it and keep hitting it with a stick to make it go where you want to go:mad: .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom