Show next recording on VFD while in standby (1 Viewer)

b00sfuk

Portal Member
November 21, 2005
I recently moved over to MediaPortal from another PVR and there is one function that I cannot find a solution to. Using LCDSmartie 5.3 I can display the contents of a text file on my iMON VFD while in standby - this is great for showing when the PVR will next wake up to record.

However I cannot find a way in MediaPortal to extract the information of the next recording (e.g. name, start date/time) to a text file. I was expecting a command line utility or plugin but can find nothing. The only option I can see is to use the TV Server 3 beta and use a custom SQL query.

Anybody know if this sort of thing has been done before?
Thanks

andreavb

Portal Pro
December 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Are you using ExternalDisplay process plugin to drive your iMON? do you use TV Server or integrated TV2? maybe it is possible to produce this file by modifying the code of PowerScheduler plugin since it puts the PC to sleep and sets the next wake up event based on the next recording...maybe in this moment it is possible to write a little file with the informations you need.

b00sfuk

Portal Member
November 21, 2005
Thanks for replying. I used the ExternalDisplay process plugin and TV3 server. From research other PVRs allow for CLI commands to extract information into text files that can be used by apps like LCDSmartie.
I have now though put off migrating to MediaPortal until TV3 is nearer release, so I've not been pursuing this over the last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom