[no Bug] Showstopper bug! Video most of the times wont play! (1 Viewer)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
    MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Nova
    Windows Version: Windows vista + sp2
    CPU Type: Intel E5200
    HDD: WD 1Tb Green Point
    Memory: 4GB DDR2
    Motherboard: MSI P7NGM Digital
    Video Card: Nvidia 9300 (onboard)
    Video Card Driver: 182.50
    Sound Card: Asus HDAV 1.3
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver: Latest
    1. TV Card: Floppy DTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: Latest
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: SAF
    h.264 Video Codec: SAF
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion Remote
    Cooling: Scythe Ninja
    Power Supply:
    Remote: PS3 Remote
    TV: Samsung Plasma 50"
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi there,

I encountered this bug: When I start a video in Mediaportal (moving pictures), most of the times it wont start. The refresh rate changes but that's it. Black screen. I can see the haali icon and the coreavc icon (if I choose this decoder) and even sometimes the ffdshow audio decoder. Sometimes when it starts it starts in that little screen, and after pressing "fullscreen" it goes fullscreen.

In my video's I have a higher succes rate. but it will crash when I choose another video. I also tried to disable plugins and tried several codecs, but no solution.

In RC1 I had this problem also, but less often. In 1.02 this problem didn't occur. Reliable playback all the way.

So what could be the issue?

:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    2010-04-15 20:14:50.641900 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: OnSizeChanged - Resetting device

Make sure that the display modes you are using are all exactly the same with different refresh rates. MP GUI engine seems to reset itself (normal behavior when resolution changes). This is most likely the reason why you are seeing playback stopping.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention. I also tried to disable the refreshrate changer. But with that disabled I get the same result. So that is not a solution. And I tried it with the same resoltion and different Hz, but also same result.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So what could be the issue?
    Your logs do not go far enough. They stop at the point where the useful info should be....

Also I do not believe this is directly related to the above thread (this file does not appear to be HD audio and graphs are created but not connected up)

Could you do gather logs again via log collector but actually ensure you leave it a bit longer after trying to play file and also close MP

Do you know about GraphEdit /GraphStudio? Would be most helpful if you could try and manually built the graph you are asking MP to build and see if that works

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Here you are.

I disabled the refresh rate changer. File didn't play (of course). I kept seeing the media info in moving pictures when I started the movie, but the screen was a little bit dimmed. I could see the haali icon and the coreavc icon in the tray, but NO ffdshow audio icon.

i also tried to connect with graphedit at the time of crash, but that made graphedit crash also.

Hope it helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom