Shut-off PC by power scheduler (1 Viewer)

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Indigo
    Windows Version: XpSp2
    CPU Type: AMD 4850e
    HDD: Samsung 1Tb
    Memory: 2x1Gb Corsair
    Motherboard: Ga-ma78gm-s2h Rev 1.1
    Video Card: Onboard ATi HD3200
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.12
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T500
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Ffdshow + AC3
    h.264 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion 350
    Cooling: Scythe Shuriken
    Remote: Harmony 525
    TV: Samsung 220HD
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Hi folk,
    As the title say, I'd like the possibility to shutdown my computer by TVsever and/or mediaportal power scheduler plugin, while (actually) is only possible go into standby or hibernation states. I know that standby and hibernation states allows resume for pending recordings, but I don't care this.
    So that, is there a way to shutdown my mediacenter instead standby or hibernation by using power scheduler plugin?

RobNorthcott

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2007
    Dartmoor, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You may be able to bodge it. (but I haven't tried it)
    In the PowerScheduler plugin there is an option to run a command before going into standby. If you use that to call a batch file or utility to close Windows then it might override the standby and shut the machine down.

Like I said though, I haven't tried it so I don't know if it will work.

I thought there was an option in PowerScheduler to shut the machine down completely, but it doesn't seem to be there now (like you said, the only options are "stay on" (which seems pointless), standby and hibernate). Was it ever there, or did I imagine it?

Rob

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I just tryed to run a batch command in powerscheduler plugin to shutoff my system but didn't work, infact system first of all go in standby or hibernation (tvserver does it ) and when I resume pc it does immediately the shutoff (by batch file).
    It seems to me that the "stay on" option is pointless, so I can't use it.

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I just tryed to run a batch command in powerscheduler plugin to shutoff my system but didn't work, infact system first of all go in standby or hibernation (tvserver does it ) and when I resume pc it does immediately the shutoff (by batch file).
    It seems to me that the "stay on" option is pointless, so I can't use it.
    Well, what exactly did you configure? If you choose the "Stay on" option, only your script should be executed.

Why do you need a complete Shutdown instead of Hibernation anyway?

mameo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 8, 2006
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Spooky:
    so that, the "stay on" option running the script directly (before going into standby but without going into standby??).
    Thus, if I select that option and point to a simple script (for example "shutdown.exe -f -s") does my pc shutoff?

I need to shutoff my pc because I use GMPS and Imon to "wake up pc from off-state" to avoid hauppauge nova-t500 issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom