Shut off Scroll for Touch Screen? (1 Viewer)

dmcdlrn

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm fairly new to Media portal. I am building a HTPC which has a touchscreen in the case and find the main scrolling menu incredibly difficult to control with the mouse let alone the touch. I spent some time last night ripping apart the home.xml, but it seems to reference menu as a type. Is the type what defines the scrolling action? I couldn't seem to stop it from scrolling. Is there any other options out there to help with this issue? I did some searching and there seems to be very little discussion on this subject. One or two people have had similar complaints, but no resolutions.

I've thought about trying to add buttons to control the scroll, then just tap the selection, but if the thing is sensative, when I touch if I'm not right on it will start to scroll and select the next item. It seems like there should be an alternative to the single item in the middle of the list being the "hot spot." What I would love to see is the menu is a button for each of the items visible, and when you touch above or below the list it will scroll in the direction. It would still work the same with the remote, and I think that would be easier nav for a mouse as well.

Any suggestions or directions are greatly appreciated! I really want to use MP, but at this point it is just impossible to navigate.

dmcdlrn

Portal Member
October 29, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Since this I found that working with the Basic home can do what I need. Basically I'm re-writing the basic home screen to be static buttons with a zoom tween when I use the remote to move across them, but this doesn't effect their hit area. This way, I can touch a spot on my screen and get what I'm looking for.

I don't need seperate screens for my big screen and the touch... I have a projector that will only be on when I'm watching a movie and the touch will be off... so only one at a time.

HABS_SD

January 16, 2008
Since this I found that working with the Basic home can do what I need. Basically I'm re-writing the basic home screen to be static buttons with a zoom tween when I use the remote to move across them, but this doesn't effect their hit area. This way, I can touch a spot on my screen and get what I'm looking for.

I don't need seperate screens for my big screen and the touch... I have a projector that will only be on when I'm watching a movie and the touch will be off... so only one at a time.

HAve you developed this yet? It's exactly what I'm looking for. I have a single 18" touch screen in my living room, and wanted to turn it into a glorified jukebox...with more capabilities. But the scrolling home menu, or the static home menu (but with limited options) is not the solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom