Shutdown after recording (1 Viewer)

Valk

Portal Pro
February 25, 2006
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hey all just thought i'd add my 2 cents :)

Anyway was thinking with the tv recording if you can set a program to record that you can also set a option which will shutdown the computer (or put it into standby, etc.) after the recording is complete. Even if you have it set to record weekly or daily if it could take affect (maybe even one time only).

Aquarius

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 23, 2004
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    is the powerscheduler plugin not enough for your needs ?

Can not follow what else is to be enhanced at this point.

Regard
    /Gerd

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    The powerscheduler is not enough for this request, as its been said many times. It will standby the PC after every recording which is quite annoying. For people that might record 1 show late night, it does not offer the ability to select a 'shutdown after this recording completes' option.

Valk

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hey sorry I didn't look at the powerscheduler plugin before I made this post (should of done a little research first). Anyway still my point stands.

Having something properly embeded in the system would be more useful.

Powerscheduler looks like it just wakes the computer up and puts it back to sleep (also can shutdown) after each recording (media portal computer is to busy to check this at the moment). This seems like limited functionality and something which could be easily changed on the situation seems more useful. Recording a show and having it shutdown or goto sleep after each recording is kind of annoying when you don't always want it to do the same thing.

Elconejo

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2005
    Belgium
    I would like to see this feature. I dont like powerscheduler, a shutdown option would be nice if it could be integraded in MP itself and not with a plugin that doesnt work nice.

Great thinking !

RogueMuppet

September 12, 2006
    Home Country
    Im in the same boat as Valk I have my MCS in my bedroom and Id like to Record shows then have the System shutdown or at lest Hibernate so as to trurn off the fans I have a systen that quite when watching shows but when there is nothing else going on in the room I can still hear the Fans.

Any help on this would be Great.

Thanks in Advance.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you have troubles with S3 (standby). i.e. Fan's still running, try S4 (hibernate).
    you have to enable hibernate in powerscheduler plugin and in windows energy options.
    S4 takes a few seconds longer to resume, but has better energysaveing because your PC is turned completely off.
    manual Power Scheduler Plugin

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The powerscheduler is not enough for this request, as its been said many times. It will standby the PC after every recording which is quite annoying. For people that might record 1 show late night, it does not offer the ability to select a 'shutdown after this recording completes' option.
    I see no reason why such an option would be useful.

the powerscheduler plugin will only hibernate the PC if the scheduled recording is finished and the time until the next recording starts is longer than the IDLE timeout of powerscheduler plugin.

i.e. you set the idle timeout to 5 minutes and the time between 2 recordings are 3 minutes. then PC will not be hibernated after the first recording.

if the time between 2 recordings is longer than 5 minutes, the PC will be hibernated and then resumed again for the next recording.

this is very useful to save energy/money.

could you describe in detail why such a function would be useful please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom