Shutdown versus sleep on "PC off" from MS remote (1 Viewer)

jwdaigle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi there all - quick question. I am using a Logitech Harmony 550 to control my TV, Onkyo and Media Portal. The Media Portal piece is set to emulate the MS Remote.

When I hit the "off" button on my remote (which should be exactly what the MS remote would send for PC off), Media Portal seems to sleep the HTPC rather than shut it down.

I have tried to play with the settings in Media Portal Remote key mappings, but I cant seem to get it to shut down rather than sleep.

I live in a country where power outages are frequent, so if its sleeping, and the power goes it, I have to sit through the "your computer didnt shut down correctly last time" screen on the way up.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Joe
    ps MP 1.0.0.0, MS remote, Vista32SP1 Home Premium, VMC disabled.

McSeven

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hm, I'd have two possible solutions:
    1. since a pc doesn't draw much power when in standby (mine draws 5W) you could plug it into a ups. from an online auction market of your choice these things go away for as low as 30 EUR. and it will last for days if only needed to power a pc in standby.
    2. I don't know the harmony, but would it be possible to program a macro that essentially presses "right" "enter" 3x"down" "enter". then execute in main menu of mp and it will use the mp way to navigate to the "shutdown" link and press "enter" there...
    bye, seven

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom