Sick feeling - SMPEditor failing (1 Viewer)

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I installed new PC w WIn7 and only SAF 5.0 and MP 1.2B. I installed StreamedMP, MovingPictures, TVSeries, and a few other 1.2b-supported plugins. I then spent 60 hours setting things up (I have 3000 movies, 22000 TV episodes, etc.).

I got it all working. It looks beautiful and has been running flawlessly for 2 days.
    I have been starting and stopping MP normally - no abnormal terminations.
    I have shutdown and started Windows with no abnormal terminations.

Nothing has crashed.

An hour ago I unplugged the network cable while dusting (don't know how this can be important....)

A few minutes ago I tried going into MP's Configuration.exe and when I try to go into the plugins area it now says:

An error occured while loading the plugin
    StreamedMPEditor.formStreamedMPEditor.

I'ts incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded.

If I try running the StreamedMP BasicHome editor, it simply immediately crashes:

SMPEditor has stopped working
    Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.....

and the resulting files it generates are useless but I'll include them. They are:
    C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1D21.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6FB4.tmp.mdmp

I tried running the StreamedMP-1.6.6.2799-Beta installation program and select "Repair". That didn't help.
    I ran it again, this time uninstalling but leaving the existing configuration, then re-installing. That didn't help.
    Finally, although this was the LAST thing I wanted, I ran the un-install and deleted all existing configuration, and re-installed. That still didn't help, and of course now I've lost thousands of images it's downloaded for my setup.

I'll delete all MP log files and run the Configuration.exe program and include the log files, but they don't help.

I've now gone through and deleted the last set of plugins I installed (wifiremote/android remote control and a few associated apps), including all added files they placed in the plugins directory. I've also manually deleted the StreamedMP directory under Skins.

I'm rebooting and will run MP and the configuration.exe app (without StreamedMP installed) so you can see it all running clean. I'll then try re-install StreamedMP using StreamedMP-1.6.6.2799-Beta and run configuration.exe and the basic home editor app again.

Bad news - trying to install a freshly-downloaded StreamedMP-1.6.6.2799-Beta starts installing but then Windows pops up that same error about SMPEditor has stopped working. So I can't complete the installation of the skin now.

Here's the Windows message:

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: smpeditor.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.6.6.2799
    Problem Signature 03: 4dcb84cc
    Problem Signature 04: System.Runtime.Serialization
    Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4ca2dfed
    Problem Signature 07: 0
    Problem Signature 08: ffffffff
    Problem Signature 09: VZEVNFUPILSVC31Z3H5GTO45URXFKID3
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 3081

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed new PC w WIn7 and only SAF 5.0 and MP 1.2B. I installed StreamedMP, MovingPictures, TVSeries, and a few other 1.2b-supported plugins. I then spent 60 hours setting things up (I have 3000 movies, 22000 TV episodes, etc.).

I got it all working. It looks beautiful and has been running flawlessly for 2 days.
    I have been starting and stopping MP normally - no abnormal terminations.
    I have shutdown and started Windows with no abnormal terminations.

Nothing has crashed.

An hour ago I unplugged the network cable while dusting (don't know how this can be important....)

A few minutes ago I tried going into MP's Configuration.exe and when I try to go into the plugins area it now says:

An error occured while loading the plugin
    StreamedMPEditor.formStreamedMPEditor.

I'ts incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded.

If I try running the StreamedMP BasicHome editor, it simply immediately crashes:

SMPEditor has stopped working
    Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.....

and the resulting files it generates are useless but I'll include them. They are:
    C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1D21.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    C:\Users\Doug\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6FB4.tmp.mdmp

I tried running the StreamedMP-1.6.6.2799-Beta installation program and select "Repair". That didn't help.
    I ran it again, this time uninstalling but leaving the existing configuration, then re-installing. That didn't help.
    Finally, although this was the LAST thing I wanted, I ran the un-install and deleted all existing configuration, and re-installed. That still didn't help, and of course now I've lost thousands of images it's downloaded for my setup.

I'll delete all MP log files and run the Configuration.exe program and include the log files, but they don't help.

I've now gone through and deleted the last set of plugins I installed (wifiremote/android remote control and a few associated apps), including all added files they placed in the plugins directory. I've also manually deleted the StreamedMP directory under Skins.

I'm rebooting and will run MP and the configuration.exe app (without StreamedMP installed) so you can see it all running clean. I'll then try re-install StreamedMP using StreamedMP-1.6.6.2799-Beta and run configuration.exe and the basic home editor app again.

Hi,

Sorry to here of the hassles this is a strange one though - no logs on your post, error and mediaportal logs are the most use full.

First off does the standalone version of the editor work? Not sure from you post if you had tried that.

My inital thought was that you may have a empty/missing ediaPortal.exe.config.xml but that would cause problems with the standalone version not the plugin.

Have you got onlinevideos installed? It should be for the lastest beat releases.

thx

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    sorry am in the middle testing and including log files. back in a moment.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Here's the logs.

And yes, yesterday was the last bit of adding I've been doing, and it was focused not on Online Videos but on MusicVideos. I have installed Online Videos and I think yesterday there was an update available. I'll check and try installing a previous version.

BLEEDIN FRIKKIN HECK MUTHA FRICKKKKKKK

I uninstalled Online Videos and now STreamedMP Menu Editor runs. FRICK.

Well, at least we have something to focus on to work out the incompatabilities.

BUt now I gotta re-create my beautiful system from near-scratch again! Oh well, at least the tough work doesn't have to be re-done (metadata for tv and movies).

Attachments

• log - no StreamedMP, clean system.zip
      14.9 KB
    • log - after StreamedMP installed.zip
      47.5 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Here's the logs.

And yes, yesterday was the last bit of adding I've been doing, and it was focused not on Online Videos but on MusicVideos. I have installed Online Videos and I think yesterday there was an update available. I'll check and try installing a previous version.

BLEEDIN FRIKKIN HECK MUTHA FRICKKKKKKK

I uninstalled Online Videos and now STreamedMP Menu Editor runs. FRICK.

Well, at least we have something to focus on to work out the incompatabilities.

BUt now I gotta re-create my beautiful system from near-scratch again! Oh well, at least the tough work doesn't have to be re-done (metadata for tv and movies).

Glad you have something to go on.

I have just installed Onlinevideos 0.30.0.1 for MP 1.2b and everthing still runs fine so not sure why you had to uninstall it.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Hmmm - I tried 0.29 and 0.28 and 0.29.1 and 0.30.0.1. Every one of these kills the basichome editor. If I uninstall these, the editor starts with no problem.

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Hmmm - I tried 0.29 and 0.28 and 0.29.1 and 0.30.0.1. Every one of these kills the basichome editor. If I uninstall these, the editor starts with no problem.

Try the attached version of the editor (1.2B Build)

Attachments

• Editor.zip
      936.7 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Dir, my guess from the call stack is that your OnlineVideosSites.xml is corrupt some how. This file exists in:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal

Try just deleting that file, probably should work again after that. You may want to go back into OnlineVideos and re-configure your sites.

Will put some checking in place for future build so we dont crash but you may want to think back and try to find out what the root cause of the onlinevideos corruption is (if thats what it was).

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Tried installing your new version without online videos installed to make sure it runs. it does. Installed 0.30.01 of Online Videos, and same problem - trying to start the BasicHome editor just crashes with

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: smpeditor.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.6.6.2814
    Problem Signature 03: 4deaaa3b
    Problem Signature 04: System.Runtime.Serialization
    Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4ca2dfed
    Problem Signature 07: 0
    Problem Signature 08: ffffffff
    Problem Signature 09: VZEVNFUPILSVC31Z3H5GTO45URXFKID3
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 3081

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Might want to refresh your browser and read post above yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom