Signal Strength Software for BDA Tuners (2 Viewers)

keegan

Portal Member
August 23, 2007
Hi All,

I'm looking for some software that can interrogate my tuners to get the signal strength, snr, etc. to make fine tuning my aerial that bit easier. I've searched here and on the internets and haven't found anything.

Thanks,
Keegan

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Nate's Dev Server

scanchannelsbda is the only app i know of.

Not sure how accurate the one using live TV and pressing info button twice and selecting tuning details, how accurate this is in "real time"

Has the "tuning details" option been removed? Can't seem to find it in the 1.0 RC1 TV Server? I'd really like to have the option to check signal strength when watching TV...

/Christian

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    yep, it used to be an option in the MyTV screen, but was removed when the TV streams button was added.
    I guess ideally there could be a status button that showed the strength and the streams?

I think the TV server now tells this information in the "Manual Control" section but can't check at the moment, I'm at work.

Marcus.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has the "tuning details" option been removed

Using latest svn + xface with live TV running, tuning details still appear in the second context menu (i button remote)

Is this what you mean?

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Has the "tuning details" option been removed

Using latest svn + xface with live TV running, tuning details still appear in the second context menu (i button remote)

Is this what you mean?

I'm using Monochrome, so maybe it's a skin issue...?
    I'm using RC1, but switching to RC2 tonight, don't know if that'll change anything...

/Christian

ChriZ

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It's in BlueTwo 4:3 but not 16:9

Found it! Great, will do the trick.. doesn't look my crappy ASUS MyCinema reports the right signal level/quality, though.. but maybe later I'll get a decent mpeg4 tv card so this will work

Thanks

/Christian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom