Silly MP usability question (1 Viewer)

geode

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Silly question for using MediaPortal with a MCE remote: when playing video fullscreen, pushing the "back" button will back out of full screen video and to the menu system. What button do I press to return to playing full screen video? The only way I have figured out to do this is to press stop, go back into the MP menus, and resume the video from there.

Thanks in advance...

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If your MCE remote has four coloured buttons at the bottom (the Teletext buttons), then you can use the red button to toggle full-screen mode. If you don't have the four coloured buttons, then you might be stuck ... :(

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or press X or map a custom button or focus the little preview (skin dependent) and click it ;)

geode

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Pressing X and clicking on the preview aren't really options - I don't keep a mouse or keyboard connected to my HTPC normally, just the MCE remote, which doesn't (unfortunately) have the colored buttons.

I'd like to map a custom button, but which action should I assign to the button? "Toggle fullscreen" doesn't appear to be one of the options in the MP config.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for MP - it's truly an amazing piece of software!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    clicking on the preview aren't really options - I don't keep a mouse or keyboard connected to my HTPC normally, just the MCE remote

You can use the cursor buttons on your remote to browse to the preview area and click "ok" on it ;)

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'd like to map a custom button, but which action should I assign to the button? "Toggle fullscreen" doesn't appear to be one of the options in the MP config.
    If my mind doesn't play tricks on me now, you should map it to: Action - Show GUI to alter between fullscreen and overview.

geode

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    RTV: The cursor buttons on the remote don't seem to work - I'm using the Project Mayhem III skin, and the cursor just rotates through the main menu options - the preview screen doesn't ever get highlighted.

Solis66: the Action - Show GUI option did the trick. Thanks very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom