Silly/Strange sound problem (1 Viewer)

gazza

January 23, 2007
Home Country
Chaps..

Anyone had this problem ???

Can start a video in MP (equally the prob happens in MediaPlayer11) and everything is cool and dandy. If I fast forward a bit I lose sound ??..

if I stop the movie and restart where I left off still no sound.

If I stop the movie and start from the beginning then the sound is there ...

I get this regardless of what codec/sound renderer I choose..

Any thoughts ??

smithchar526

March 12, 2008
FastForard takes sound away

I know this is old but I have the same problem. I am converting all my dvds to .avi files to save space. Everything works great, but when I fast forward the sound goes out, video still runs. The only way to get it back is to restart the movie.

Does any one have an ideal...I have a lot of movies to convert and dont want to do this if it is common or no fix. Anyone else have this problem?????????????

smithchar526

March 12, 2008
Im at work now, but I can run the test later. I did play the .avi in VLC media player and fast forward and it did not mess up. I wont know with out testing more but it seams to be a problem with the media portal built in player. And when I say fast forward, I am meaning jumping 30 seconds ahead (or 10sec, 15sec, 30sec, 1min ect) I just got a remote to set up so maybe if I do a real fast forward and not the skip by seconds it will work. Any one have a more suggestions please let me know . I do the Filmerit when I get home. Thanks

smithchar526

March 12, 2008
It does not work with WMP11, but it will work with other players???? I don't get this...what is diference with media portal and wmp11 with all the other players. I know it works fine with VLC..I even tried to select VLC as the external player the media portal uses and it does not work. I will let you know what Filmerit says in a little bit.

I think I found the problem....it is an issue with DVDFab
Generic (xvid+mp3) MP3 encoding problems - Page 2 - Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power

If I do what is suggested

"f you get no sound after an encode then Virtual Dub is a useful tool to fix it with. Google for it, and after it's installed load up your avi, select video from the menu and select 'direct stream copy', do the same with audio and make sure 'source audio' is selected. Then go to the file menu and save your avi file.

It'll take about a minute or two, then afterwards you should have an avi that'll work fine with sound."

This worked for me

What does everyone else use to rip a dvd that is in 1gb .vobs into a single .avi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom