Similar issue to Haali not disposed, but not exactly the same (1 Viewer)

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
I am using the latest SVN 24669 and I have also tried the core.dll from the Haali not disposed thread, but nothing is helping my issue.
I am having an issue with the fact that once a HD audio format gets played MP will not play any other format until I restart MP.
It does not freeze MP, but no video with any other audio format will play. It is like MP has locked into TruHD or DTS-MA and will not let go. Even MP internal sounds no longer work.
AC3, standard DTS or any other audio format plays fine as long as I have not played a HD format first. I cannot find Haali or any other recognizable audio software loaded in task manager when this happens.

I am using the latest SAF build test4, but it has been happening since the first release of HD capable SAF.
I have also tried manually installing all the needed software with the same result.
Outside of MP I do not have this issue with MPC-HC.

The difference between the Haali issue and mine is that the M2TS files don't use the Haali splitter, but the MPC-HC gabbest splitter.

My audio hardware is the Asus Xonar and I am using the newest drivers 1777 that released a few days ago on Win 7.

I have been posting about this in the HD Bistream thread, but Hoborg thought it was MP related issue and not SAF or ffdshow and as the Haali issue is so similar it makes sense to me.

I have been struggling with this for some time and cannot see my being able to fix this without some help. Let me know what you need from me and I will do everything I can to get it done quickly.

Thanks,
Mark

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
I will, but before I do that just to be sure I will do a complete system re-install from OS on.
That way if it is a registry or some other software glitch related to old software I won't be wasting your time.

I will report back on if that fixed it or with the logs if it doesn't.

Mark

Jaybeam

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have the same issue. It occurs with .m2ts and .mkv files containing HD audio.
I believe it only happens with Windows7 in combination with a Xonar audio card.

markrb

Portal Pro
April 22, 2006
Creating the system over from scratch had no effect. Here are the debug logs from opening MP, playing a video file with AC3, playing a TRU-HD M2TS file and then attempting to play the same video file with AC3. This last file launched, but froze and the receiver still saying TRU-HD.

If there is anything else you need or if this is not the correct file let me know and I will attempt to get you what you need.

This setup is with Safbeta23test4 and the latest SVN 24669.

Thanks,
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom