Since 1.4 MP is not sent to tray properly anymore (1 Viewer)

hindsight

Portal Member
February 26, 2011
Thanks so far. I will test that later that day. I am not sure right now which combination i should use to fix my issues. Should i use the installer you have posted at
Since 1.4 MP is not sent to tray properly anymore
to fix the audio issue in combination with the bin you have posted to fix the tray issue? If so v15 is for 1.6 final and the installer is 1.6pre tagged as 1.6 final. I am not sure if that will work well. Otherwise i could also use a version of this bin which fits to 1.6 pre (but which one?).
Or should the v15 bin installed with 1.6 final from the MP homepage now fix all my issues?

Quite confusing...

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :)
    Will look again the source (this evening) i'm @ work right now, but normally, you can use 1.6.0 final + V15 bin on top and all should be ok :)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well thanks for your efforts, but i am not sure what is fixed right now and what not. A week ago MP 1.6 final was released, but i guess not all my issues are fixed right now (even though i didn't try it).
    When you monitor JIRA, you need to focus on the Status. Both issues you mentioned have the status 'Testing & CodeReviews'. This means the team is currently testing this, and when it's done (that means, it's tested properly by the Test Group, it has had a CodeReview & (if needed) Documentation (Wiki) is done) it will be included in the next release. Once an issue is fixed and merged into the master branch, the status is set to Closed + a Fix Version is listed, so everybody knows in which version it is included.

And the target for both issues is set to 1.6.100 (which is the 1.7 Pre Release).

Hope that clears some things up ;)

hindsight

Portal Member
    February 26, 2011
    @Sebastiii
    I have tried now your bin (v15). It fixes my issues for the most part. But there are two things i dislike (and which are different from 1.3) so far:

1) MP is sent to tray after the startup, but before it is opened for approximately 1 sec in fullscreen (with the option "minimize to tray on start up"). In 1.3 MP was immediately sent to tray after starting MP without showing the fullscreen.
    2) After MP is closed (and sent to tray) i cannot open it again with my MCE Remote's Green Button. I am using MPTray in order to start MP or open it when its closed. I can start MP with my remote, but when it was sent to tray i cannot open it again with the MCE Remote. The only option is to click with the mouse on the tray icon to open MP again.

While i can live with the first issue, the second one is a little bit annoying. But however your bin makes MP 1.3+ for me more attractive and if you could patch this remaining issues i would favour it to MP 1.3.

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I have fixed issue #2 :) so now when press green button MP is back :p
    For issue #1, i dodn't find a way to quickly reduce the MP windows. (on 1.3.0 while debugging, MP windows is open too but reduce directly on 1.6.0 if i reduce directly, the windows goes back from windows message and i reduce it again so this is the delay you can notice).

Will post the bin today :)

hindsight

Portal Member
    February 26, 2011
    Tested your new bin (v16) and it really works great. (y)
    As I said, the first issue is not that important and just cosmetic. Thank you for your patience, I really hope this will be included in the next MP release.
    If i encounter any new issues, which might be connected with that, i will let you know. In the meanwhile I am happy and enjoy the new MP (even though i missed nearly a whole year of development because of that issues:cry:)....

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks :) and ping me for any issue related :) Happy to know that it works :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom