Single seat Client Hangs :( (1 Viewer)

bradyph

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
TV-Server Version: One that comes with RC4 (tv3 I think) - (SQl Server Express for database - connections OK)
MediaPortal Version: RC4
MediaPortal Skin: Blue 3
Windows Version: Xp sp 3
CPU Type: AMD Athlon X2 4600 dual core
HDD: Seagate baracuda 200gb (Master) IDE / Seagate baraccuda 500gb (slave) SATA
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard: Asus M2HD
Video Card: Radeon HD3400 PCI-E (onboard GFX is disabled)
Video Card Driver: Latest Catalyst drivers
Sound Card: onboard (Asus M2HD)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppage PVR 250
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE Remote
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: currently DVI to monitor

Hi All

I'm currently in work and dont have access to my media pc right now (I've filled in the above as best I can will update when I get home) I've searched about the forums and found with no real solution but was wondering of someone mightbe able to shed some light on my issue.

I currently have a single seat/standalone Media Portal Rc 4 installed along with the TV server that comes with that package. my reason for using TV Server was do get my MCE Blasting working vi a IR Suite as I couldnt get this to work under the standalone install with no TV Server.

under previous installs I never used TV Server as this always caused clients to hang (either on a remote pc or on the same PC with TV Server) but this had the drawback of no MCE Blasting :(

My question is (in two parts):
Can I get MCE blasting under the installation without TV server? , unfortunatly I havent been able to get this going yet with or without IR suite installed

as a result of the above I performed a reinstall with TV Server (RC 4 version)

under this setup RC4 and TV Server are on the same machine, Blasting works ok but now MP Client hangs when browsing EPG or changing channels :(

will check back later and try submit logs/update my config above but thought I'd try get the ball rolling before I get home :)

to reiterate: when I install without Tvserver (using media portals inbuild tv tuner) all works perfectly minus the lack of MCE Blaster capability I Only ever experiance hangs when using TVServer.

Given a choice I'd rather use the stand alone/ no Tv server set up if I could get MCE blasting with it. this would make me a very happy camper indeed :)

Thanks in advance and merry xmas :)

Phil

bradyph

Portal Member
June 10, 2008
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
K been messing about with it since I got home and set it up to run in window mode, got it to lock up by jumping about the epg screen and selecting random channels, turns out that tv server was stalling, restarting the service brought the client back to life, looking through the log files I noticed that heartbeatmonitor was kicking idle client for some reason, after more playing about I guessed it could be network related so changed IP's to 127.0.0.1, still no joy. then I decided to try install a loopback connector and set the server to its ip and the system seems stable now \o/ except IR suite >.< this bugger stops blasting after a few channel switches now (well im not 100% if this happened before yet as I couldnt test long enough due to the above), may be related to the loopback connector install, will go bone up on how IR Suite works and see if I can resolve this, if anyone has any Ideas please throw em my way :) in the meantime I'll post back any updates or solutions I find in the hope theyre usefull to some with similar probs ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom