Single seat without networking (1 Viewer)

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This bug/feature is a pet peeve of mine. I've posted some bug reports before. What more can I do to encourage you guys to fix this? Like I said in the other post, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is if you're willing to fix this bug.

Noelix

Portal Pro
February 18, 2006
Salt Lake City, UT
Home Country
You can install the microsoft loopback adapter.
Assign it an ip adress to get rid of the anoying limited connection message.

Despite the cryptic message here, this method actually works! The Microsoft Loopback adapter is just a dummy networking adapter (no drivers or hardware required) which people normally set up if they have a SQL server but no network connection. I googled "microsoft loopback adapter" and got several good sites:

This one has a broad overview and tells you how to use it.

This is the microsoft site which tells you how to install it.

In general, you install this dummy adapter, and then in your tv server setup you tell it to point to the web address that you specified during the loopback adapter install. It's single-seat ONLY, so don't plan on multi-seat usage.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Yup. Loopback did the trick here also.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    Just an update - I had to discontinue using the loopback adapter fix because it stopped the zap2it plugin from being able to download the epg data altogether, regardless of whether there is an internet connection available or not.

kiesow

Portal Pro
    March 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, there is a much better workaround than using a loopback device.

Just open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Now create a new entry called DisableDHCPMediaSense from type REG_DWORD and set the value to 1.
    It changes the behaviour of the so called MediaSense and after this the IP stack is always enable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom