Site Parser alt tags (1 Viewer)

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
February 5, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am trying to parse a site into Online Videos. All of the thumbs on the site that I am working with have alt tags that contain the Category title. Then it has a text link with the Category title. It tried marking both as title, but it locks up the parser and goes to Not Responding. How should I handle alt tags in this case?

Thanks
Sean

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why would you mark both as title? One regex group for title is enough, and the code doesn't look for two.

mykiddosdaddy

Portal Member
    February 5, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I need to put something there for the alt tag so that the parser doesn't look for alt="Show Title 1" in all of the thumb img tags. What can I put there so that the parser will skip whatever is in the alt tag when it is parsing the page?

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not sure I understand you fully (and I also don't know how much you understand regex) but if you don't want to match it then don't make it a group?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I need to put something there for the alt tag so that the parser doesn't look for alt="Show Title 1" in all of the thumb img tags. What can I put there so that the parser will skip whatever is in the alt tag when it is parsing the page?

I think that you want to select "Show Title 1" (without the "") and then, choose skip to (single char)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom