[skin] Blue3wideTouch (alpha) (1 Viewer)

C0Y0TE

April 25, 2009
Hello,

I'm using MediaPortal for quite some time how and I find it to be the best product of it's kind !
But with last addition to my HTPC, the Touch Screen, I have found out that MediaPortal isn't that much easy to use with it :)

So, wth, I decided to try to adapt basic Wide skin for easier use with Touch Screens !
But it has been six months since I started, and I really don't have time to adapt all screens :(

These are currently supported plug-ins:
- Photos
- Videos
- Music
- Moving Pictures
- My TV Series
- YouTube.fm
- Weather
- Settings

For the moment, it suits my needs, and I'm sharing my work in case anyone else is interested to contribute :)
Here are some guidelines to take into account:

Global Touch Screen Considerations
- With touch screen you can interact only with what you see
- So the main event you'll use is click (touch)
- All select, focus or similar events won't be noticable, and are not really needed

General skin modifications
- Left menu is always shown (so that we can do actions without focusing on it)
- Top bar is also always shown within plug-ins (more on this later)
- Bigger buttons for Spin control (for wider touch area)
- Most of the global set-up modifications are done in References.xml, and skins cleaned of overrides (like position & size of facades, etc.)

Basic Home modifications
- I tested alot of existing skins, and finally took example of buttons from Monochrome home skin
- Idea is to have 5x5 matrix that would show up to 25 possible choices, taking up almost the whole screen
- If you want to modify the buttons, you need to edit BasicHome.xml and change b11 to b55 parameter values, first number being the column, and second number being the line of the button

TopBar modifications
- It needs to be always shown to allow you to control the navigation and playing
- Since the default top bar is showing only on hover or focus, the default one is disabled, but is imported again, so it's always shown
- The first "back" button has been increased in size for easier touch
- The before last button is configured to take you back to the home screen
- The last button show the context menu of the screen

I'm not sure at which rate this skin will be improved, but it is commited on the SVN so anyone can contribute !
It can be found at: https://mp-plugins.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mp-plugins/trunk/skins/Blue3wideTouch
This is my first contribution to MediaPortal, so I hope I did everything right :)

Possible improvements
- Home screen configuration tool - Build GUI interface to confiture the 25 buttons of the home screen
- Add more buttons to the top bar - like volume up/down
- And of course support all plug-ins :)

Attachments

• Blue3wideTouch.mpe1
    18.1 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom