RicDigital

Portal Member
August 1, 2010
Guimarães. European Capital of Culture 2012
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Help

Hi skinners.

I am developing an skin for MediaPortal last version (MediaHome skin project) and I have a little problem on my work. The skin has grown to 85% done but some parts of MediaPortal are not be done because I cannot access them.

For other words, the my tv for example I can`t work skin for this part because I don`t have a TV card. So my ask is, anyone know any way to see for example the My TV menu until are not using it? Off course that what I need see is the graphical part of other skin like Blue3wide.

MediaHome skin project - In development

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just install TV-Server and set up a few fake TV Channels as IP-TV channels. This should work. If you are really desperate you can also set up XML TV to grab the EPG for a number of real channels.

In other words; you don't need a TV card to watch TV, and therefore you can test everything without one, you can even work your way around the TV OSD because you can put fake recordings in the TV-Server folders and so on. You just need some ts-files (recordings) and XML-files for those.

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This was exactly my situation. How do I go about setting up fake channels?

Sorry, just noticed this is an old post.

Last edited:

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I'm still here ;)

In TV-Server you can add channels manually. This allows you to set up the number of fake channels you need.

Attachments

• channels.jpg
      channels.jpg
      106.8 KB

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country

I'm still here ;)

In TV-Server you can add channels manually. This allows you to set up the number of fake channels you need.
    Thanks, I've never used a TV card on a computer. Someone here at work (I work in an audio/video store) claims you can't buy TV tuner cards for computers anymore. I told him I see them for sale all the time on the Net and he says "you see them advertised, you just can't get them". I'm not sure what he's talking about :) He claims he's been trying to order them for years.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, I have seen many other American users buying tv-cards for ATSC (digital tv) so I think he shops the wrong places ;)

TE5LA

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Well, I have seen many other American users buying tv-cards for ATSC (digital tv) so I think he shops the wrong places ;)
    Yes, I think a lot of things he tells me is pretty whack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom