skin focus bugs (1 Viewer)

falser

Portal Pro
June 5, 2006
The listcontrol element does not obey the "onright" event unless the spinbox is visible. If the list is only one page, and you press right it ignores whatever id you assigned for onright, and gives focus (I think) to the lowest numbered id on the screen.

In most skins this behavior isn't obvious because the lists are usually aligned to the right side of the screen and no elements are past it.

(this is in a June 20th SVN)

falser

Portal Pro
June 5, 2006
As I'm working on some skins, I'm noticing this focus bug is not limited to just a particular control. It seems certain buttons are affected too. I came across at least one more last night - the "exit" button in topbarhome.xml does not obey the "ondown" event. It's assigned properly, it's not a syntax error, MP just ignores it and instead selects the primary home list instead of the button id I've listed.

These bugs are making it difficult to make a skin that does not fit exactly into the mold of existing skins -- I can't have the exit/shutdown buttons placed vertically, or put the exit button before the shutdown button because it cannot be selected.

If a dev is interested in examining these problems I can paste some xml examples to show the problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom