Skin Xtreme (Widescreen 16:9) **** 10/04/2018 - version 1.8.0.0 released **** (3 Viewers)

beruth

Portal Pro
March 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
...I'm doing final tests to the new upcoming version of the skin; for the moment I wish a Merry Merry Christmas to all of You and your families (see below, it seems that... also Santa Claus likes very much upcoming Xtreme version :p, so... stay tuned ;))

View attachment 159345

when? when ?

thanks!!

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi All,
after a very very long (and hard) work finally version 1.6.0.0 of Xtreme is available in download page.

As anticipated previously, starting from this release Xtreme contains new specific fonts: XtremeTitleCaps and XtremeBody.
The main gol of this change is to improve significatively the general readability of the informations on the screen (unfortunately not all of us have... a 3000" panel :cry:, so I think this aspect is one of the most important to spend time to work on). I hope that the final results are in compliance with the gol (let me know what do you think about it so that if necessary I can improve again this characteristic in the next releases).
As consequence of the introduction of the new fonts I've reviewed almost all screens (very very long job :confused:) trying to optimize the distribution of all the various informations using as better as possible all available screen space.
I've completely reviewed also overlays (latest added and now playing media) and facades (expecially thumbnails views), always with the gol to improve their readability.

Another big change is the support for CDArt, ClearArt and ClearLogo (both MePo Tools and DVDArt are supported). I suggest to everyone to implement this features because I think that the graphical appearance of the skin is really more impressive with them (see screenshots below ;)).
I prefer to have CDArt discs without rotation animation (CDArt are so beautiful that I think it's a shame not to enjoy them putting a so little realistic "rotation in the air" animation :p), but looking through various threads I see that many users likes it, so in skin settings you can enable the rotation of the discs into the various plugins.

Some times ago I received a request in this thread about a mod on the widebanners layout of MP-TVSeries plugin; starting from this release Xtreme contains 4 different widebanners layouts that you can select in settings -> GUI -> Skin ("Other settings..." section).

From this release Hero Day theme have a different base color for graphic elements and some texts (light blue instead of amber); probably I'll include a theme with amber graphics and texts in Xtreme eXtension Pack (I'll call it "Hero Sunset" maybe :cautious:).

There are a lot of other changes that I cannot list here because otherwise... this post will become as long as a book :p, so download and install Xtreme 1.6.0.0 and take a look at them by yourself ;).

As always suggestions, comments and critics are more than welcome :))
Ciao and Happy New Year

N.B.: if something goes wrong with the installation of the new fonts with the installer, try to install them manually (you can find them in the zip stored in the second post of this thread or in "Archived File 1" in download page).

MovingPictures3.jpg Music7.jpg Music8.jpg MyFilms1.jpg MyFilms2.jpg TVSeries3.jpg Videos5.jpg

Last edited:

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi all,
Xtreme eXtension Pack 1.1.0.0 with Vision Themes updated to be fully compatible with ver.1.6.0.0 of the main skin is available in download page.

Cheers

beruth

Portal Pro
March 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I have a problema with the skin. The tvseries overlay doesn't work. What can i do?
thanks, great job

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
I have a problema with the skin. The tvseries overlay doesn't work. What can i do?
thanks, great job

Hi beruth,
do you mean latest added episodes overlay in BasicHome?
if yes, I had the same "problem" some times ago but I discover that it wasn't a skin issue, but simply after a certain period of time without to add new episodes, the MP-TVSeries latest added data becomes empty (in this case the adding of new episodes will "restore" latest added overlay), so to be sure that effectively it is a skin problem you could make a simple test with another skin like for example Titan (don't forget to enable latest added series in Titan skin settings).
If latest added episodes are shown in Titan (or in any other skin) while not in Xtreme, please can you tell me the position of the overlay in your menù (you could simply attach a screenshot of Menù editor or your SkinSettings.xml) so that I can try to reproduce the problem?

Thanks

beruth

Portal Pro
March 16, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
thanks, great job

Hi beruth,
do you mean latest added episodes overlay in BasicHome?

Yes it is. Sorry for my english :-S
if yes, I had the same "problem" some times ago but I discover that it wasn't a skin issue, but simply after a certain period of time without to add new episodes, the MP-TVSeries latest added data becomes empty (in this case the adding of new episodes will "restore" latest added overlay), so to be sure that effectively it is a skin problem you could make a simple test with another skin like for example Titan (don't forget to enable latest added series in Titan skin settings).
You're right, In Titan is the same problem.
If latest added episodes are shown in Titan (or in any other skin) while not in Xtreme, please can you tell me the position of the overlay in your menù (you could simply attach a screenshot of Menù editor or your SkinSettings.xml) so that I can try to reproduce the problem?
Thanks
No, Thanks TO you!

jurmb84

March 21, 2010
First off, awesome skin... Love the menu editor and the features it allows me to setup... Got it up and running enough for the wife to enjoy it... I am using MP 1.10 with Xtreme 1.6 on a Windows 8.1 computer... I love the flip clock as opposed to the analog but the wife was having a hard time as the flip clock only showed 24 hour time format... I have read elsewhere that it is an issue...

SOOOO... now to my insanity... In order to feel the love from the wifey I have made a few modifications to your skin and would like to give them to you (hopefully so they get built into newer versions and I don't have to do it again...) I am uploading all files that I have modified in a zip file... There is also a txt document in the zip explaining all of the mods that I made and at what line I made them... Sorry for the crudeness... I am not that good with GIT or SVN... I am receiving one error in the logs about a object not set and I think it is from the setting bar I put just below the option for Digital or Analog (due to image not being tied to it...)(the bar disappears if Analog is chosen)... This option is stored as #skin.bd12hour... I am sure you can do a better job than I and will put some translations in the files for the setting label...

The main change is in the sections where you call:
Code:
<label>#SkinInfo.Hour</label>

if the type is 'Digital' and #skin.bd12hour is set then it uses 12 hour format instead of 24 hr format...
Code:
<label>#(iif(and(eq(#skin.basichome.wclocktype,'Digital'), #skin.bd12hour), switch(eq(cint(#SkinInfo.Hour), 0), 12, and(gte(cint(#SkinInfo.Hour), 1), lte(cint(#SkinInfo.Hour), 12)), cint(#SkinInfo.Hour), and(gte(cint(#SkinInfo.Hour), 13), lte(cint(#SkinInfo.Hour), 23)), sub(cint(#SkinInfo.Hour), 12)), cint(#SkinInfo.Hour)))</label>
As I have stated earlier... Thank you very much for all of your hard work in putting this skin together... it is very appreciated... :):D(y)(y)(y)

Attachments

• Xtreme_ClockFix.zip
    89.5 KB

jurmb84

March 21, 2010
Okay... Well I just tried it on another machine and it failed...:mad:(n)

I had to open the SkinSettings.xml in the skin folder and manually add the following line in the Boolean section...:notworthy:

Code:
<entry name="#skin.bd12hour">True</entry>

Obviously if you want it to be 24 hour then leave it false...

I don't know why it didn't put it in there automatically.... but I am not a skinner so I don't really know... Any tips would be appreciated so I know next time...;)

Thanx in advance... (y)(y)(y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom