Skin Xtreme (Widescreen 16:9) **** 10/04/2018 - version 1.8.0.0 released **** (2 Viewers)

jarzombeck

Portal Member
February 15, 2012
Home Country
Poland Poland
Oh man, this skin is so good. I couldn't use it before in MP1.3, but the extension installer just dropped the new version on me, and I'm already sold on it.
The FTR support really did it for me, with Sleep Control support it would be perfect, but the missing screen only reports the time left, the rest works, so don't sweat it.

Really thankfull !!

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Fantastic looking skin, one of the best I've seen. Only thing I'm not too keen on is the splash screen when loading, doesn't look very professional :(

Also, in TV Guide, you cannot read the description of the programme as shown in my screenshot:

Attachments

• TV Guide.jpg
    TV Guide.jpg
    236.8 KB
Last edited:

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy
Also, in TV Guide, you cannot read the description of the programme as shown in my screenshot:

Hi Iceman89610,
I'm very close to publish a complete update of the skin and one of the things I have improved is TV section. Basically TV Guide (and generally all TV section) will be very similar to that one of For The Record plugin (see screenshots in post 46 to see how it will look). In the new release I've also completely redesigned all OSD's, reviewed media overlays, added some new features and improved many other little things.

...Only thing I'm not too keen on is the splash screen when loading, doesn't look very professional:

...this is very interesting; please can you explain better why do you think Splashscreen is... so awful :cry: ; it should be another thing to improve, so I am very interested to read your suggestions (y) (I've opened a thread to collect MODs, Addons and Themes for Xtreme (MP1.3 version), so why not to publish there also different Splashscreens?)

Thank you very much

Ciao

Iceman89610

Portal Pro
July 19, 2008
Ipswich
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
(see screenshots in post 46 to see how it will look).

Ok, that looks much better and is in keeping with the theme you have going throughout the whole skin. Will this also be 1.2.3 compatible or just 1.3.0a??

...this is very interesting; please can you explain better why do you think Splashscreen is... so awful :cry:

Now I didn't say it looks awful, just not very professional. What I mean is, when you look at other skins like the new default in 1.3.0a or PVHD for instance, when they boot up, you are presented with a nice looking splashscreen that is inkeeping with the theme that the entire skin adopts throughout. When your skin loads, you are presented with a splashscreen that looks like it was designed 10 years ago and then it boots into this nice looking skin. It doesn't really keep with the theme of the rest of the skin. Afterall, the splashscreen is the 1st thing people see.

Sorry if this seems harsh, I am not putting down all your hard work because, like I said earlier, this is one of the best looking skins I have seen. It just bugs me that the splashscreen doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the skin. Just a little friendly user input afterall, isn't that what makes Mepo better then the rest??

I will be reviewing the skin in more detail over the next few days and I may have a few more suggestions for you. I'm also more than happy to be a beta tester if you would like? Anyway, keep up the great work you are doing with this skin and as they say, things can only get better.

Steven

Last edited:

scorpie

Portal Pro
November 5, 2009
Nürnberg
Home Country
Germany Germany
Just as an input, not nice, not the best. I am not a designer

splashscreen.jpg

I would change the font size for loading plugins ....., for me it is to big, but I couldn't find the string to change that.

Last edited:

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Just as an input, not nice, not the best. I am not a designer

View attachment 112472

I would change the font size for loading plugins ....., for me it is to big, but I couldn't find the string to change that.

Hi Scorpie , if you wont to change the font size ... look for the file "splashscreen.xml (in skin folder) ... look for this code :

<control>
    <description>splashscreen text</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>2</id>
    <textsize>20</textsize>
    <textcolor>-</textcolor>
    </control>

just change the textsize to lower number ( then 20 ) and you will have smaller text font view ... ;)

mamachan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Watching a film I thinks the skip don't works fine. I don' t see the skip step on OSD.
    Thanks.

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Watching a film I thinks the skip don't works fine. I don' t see the skip step on OSD.
    Thanks.

Hi Mamachan,
    see post #33 for this issue (xml file attached to that post fix the problem)

Ciao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom