Skip Steps in Music, v1.1.0 Final (1 Viewer)

destne

August 7, 2010
Hi,
I have just updated MP to V1.1.0 Final and skip steps works very differently when playing music. I listen to recorded radio programs often 1 hour long and the old system of skipping 30s-1minute etc was great for moving around within a program. V1.1.0 seems to attempt a fast forward that doesn't work so well.

Is there any option to return to skip steps for Music as previously implemented? Or am I missing something in setup?

Been using MP for a year or two now and love it. If the only answer is to downgrade to pre 1.1.0 Final just say....

Thanks,:D
destne

parishilton

Portal Member
February 7, 2007
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
I think this option has been removed? It was the main reason I wanted to use Mediaportal. MCE only offers fast forward which is useless if you need to restart a 2 hour audio file and have to fast forward through the first hour and a half to get to where you left off. Mediaportal's skip feature was much better in this regard. Perfection would be old skip feature + a "resume from last" feature like the one currently available on video. Could someone please let me know what the last version of Mediaportal was to have a working skip function for audio files and where I can get hold of it? Many thanks.

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes this makes the music section almost useless for me also. All my music files are between 20 minutes and 8 hours long. Why this basic and usefull function was removed, I have no idea...
Is there any way to get skipsteps back in the music section? And indeed, a 'start from last point' would be very usefull as well! Are these functions left out of MP with any intention?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As far as i can remember we have never had skip steps in music, it's always been ffwd x2,x4,x8,x16...

BUT I agree it would be much much better if the music player supported skip steps in the same fashion as the video player. I would prefer to disable ffwd x2,x4 etc.. and only have skip steps.

In regards to the last version of MP, it would be a very very very old version.

RMK

Portal Member
    November 9, 2008
    Ingolstadt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Skip Steps in Music, v1.1.0 Final

Are there any updates on this topic? I agree with kiwijunglist - I think skip steps like in the video player for the music player would be great.

Fast-forwarding 45min of Beethoven just to listen the the 4th movement of the 9th symphony is uncool :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom