[Music] Skip Steps not working when using FWD/RWD Keys (1 Viewer)

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
    MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 3200+
    HDD: Samsung 500 GB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Motherboard: Shuttle SN68PT-G5
    Video Card: NVidia Geforce 8500GT
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Onboard
    Sound Card AC3: optical out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: none
    1. TV Card Type: none
    1. TV Card Driver: none
    2. TV Card: none
    2. TV Card Type: none
    2. TV Card Driver: none
    3. TV Card: none
    3. TV Card Type: none
    3. TV Card Driver: none
    4. TV Card: none
    4. TV Card Type: none
    4. TV Card Driver: none
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
    h.264 Video Codec: CoreAVC
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: none
    HTPC Case: Shuttle SN68PT-G5
    Cooling: Shuttle
    Power Supply: Shuttle
    Remote: Windows MCE
    TV: Panasonic TH50-PV71F
    TV - HTPC Connection:

I've started using 1.1 Beta after upgrading to Windows 7.
    With MP 1.0.2 I used to be able to "Skip Step" forward and backward while listening to music via the default "My Music" / BASS Engine using the FWD and RWD Keys on the Remote.
    Has that been changed in 1.1 Beta? Now FWD and RWD seems to just increase the playback speed in either direction.
    Even if I change the Key Assignment in MP Configuration (Set FWD and RWD Key to "Skip Step Forward / Backward" in Remote Key Mapping configuration), I just hear the "you've clicked the button" sound, but it won't skip anyway - nothing happens.

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Little additional information: Apart from the remote keys, also the F5/F6 keys will not "Skip Steps" while Music is playing, but will rather fast-forward and fast-rewind the track currently being played. According to another "not-so-old" thread, we should well be able to use the F5/F6 keys for skipping steps while music is playing. Has this been changed intentionally, or is it just me having this problem?

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's the logfiles created from a playback of a single MP3 file via "My Music" and some FWD/RWD Actions during playback.

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can reproduce this on my WinXP Laptop as well, so doesn't seem to be related to Windows 7 or Codecs.
    Tried a fresh MP 1.1 Beta release with and without latest SVN (rev 24102) on that Laptop (not touching configuration at all, besides adding the path to the musik files in "Music folders"). Skip Steps not workin in either version during music playback.

Due to this, I'm assuming this should affect everyone currently using the Beta version. If someone could please confirm, that she/he has the same issue, I can stop shredding my MP installations to find out if my systems are causing it.

For what it's worth, I've also installed a fresh copy of MP 1.0.2 on the same Laptop. Without doing any configuration besides adding the music path, Skip Steps is working super fine with 1.0.2 - no issues.
    So something has been changed between 1.0.2 and 1.1 Beta that's now causing this.
    Just want to know if it's intentional or not. :)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Bass player uses now the general global behaviour of g_player for FWD/REW, which is increased playback speed, like we know from CD Players.

Skip steps are available in Now Playing and Full screen Vis using the Left/Right keys or the respective keys on the remote.

fix will we available for 1.1.0 RC1

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I saw unfortunately the fix for this has been reverted in rev 24294.
    Any idea when/if this will be re-implemented?
    Maybe as a custom action that we can bind to any desirable key, if the previous behaviour can not be brought back?

tombo61

Portal Member
    April 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anybody remember this problem? It is still there.

Phiolin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've currently fixed that manually in my installation with some small but ugly code changes that however work fine for me.

Actually it's not so difficult to solve, but a proper implementation would probably require the addition of some new Actions that can be assigned to keys. I didn't know how to do that, so I used the ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_PLUS and ACTION_SUBTITLE_DELAY_MIN actions to skip steps while music is playing. I had those actions bound to keys anyway and now they change subtitle delays while playing video and do skip steps while playing music.
    This can be achieved with very small code changes in BassAudio.cs. However, those may cause any kind of side effects, although I've not encountered anything that would impact my personal usage.
    The FWD/RWD keys will still fast-forward and fast-rewind the music as before, this seems to be coded into the player somehow.

An official fix would of course be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom