skip time of 4 mins (1 Viewer)

wardrobe

Portal Member
April 14, 2006
the majority of programs i watch have 4min commercials, please if possible can we (i) have a skip time length of 4 mins.

thanks

tjf

Portal Member
November 4, 2006
Prague
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
On the other hand I would like to have 2 minute skips as this is the length of the standard NBA time-out. So I would prefer configurable skips.

Tomas

DalaNorth

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 18, 2006
    Skellefteå, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If no one else has started working on this, I'd like to have a go at it. However, if someone has already started working on it, please let me know so we don't do double work.

My approach would be to add an "advanced" possibility to manually define skip times by editing a text field. The text field would contain comma separated skip times in seconds. For instance, with the default skip times today, the field would look like this:

And to add 4 minutes you would simply add 240 to the list.

Regards
    DalaNorth

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    3 minute.... and then 1 minute.... 3+1=4

But really... it would be nice to be able to set your skip times to the exact number you want them to skip. Maybe rtv will take a look at this thread, I know there was talk about adding that feature... but that was awhile ago.

Dalanorth, I would head to IRC and have a small chat with RTV. If he is still working on this, he will let you know.. maybe you guys can get together and get this feature going again!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    My approach would be to add an "advanced" possibility to manually define skip times by editing a text field. The text field would contain comma separated skip times in seconds. For instance, with the default skip times today, the field would look like this:

When I introduced this I had the same in mind but we had a discussion about the goal to do as much configuration as possible from within MP. After this I decided that the GUI configuration with checkmarks would be easier but maybe you'll come up with a better idea :)

Maybe sliders or something like that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom