miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Firstly this thread is not about helping people to view Sky's encrypted subscription services. To do this you need your own legal subscription and smartcard. You cannot ask for any help regarding this on the forum. Thanks for you co-operation.

What this thread is about is enhancing MediaPortal so it has the features of an official Sky receiver (such as the EPG and series link). These enhancements are originally based on the exellent & hard work done by DJBlu of this forum. DJBlu and myself are actively continuing development.

Sky operate in numerous countries around the world, but I believe these enhancements are currently limited to the UK, Italy and possibly Australia (Australia has not been tested).

Current features (in latest 1.1.1 installers attached)

Full Sky EPG grabbing
    Grabs and populates the full Sky EPG (titles, summaries and genres) from the default transponder

Series link scheduling
    Records each episode in a series, works exactly like an official Sky receiver. Similar to MediaPortals standard "Record every time on this channel" but is based on a series id and doesnt rely on the title of a show. The advantages of this are repeated broadcasts are not recorded and episodes in a series where the title changes are still recorded.

Future features / To do list (in development)

Channel and grouping synchronisation
    Will automatically keep channel numbering, ordering and grouping (Entertainment, Sport etc) in sync with a Sky receiver based on your region. Will automatically add channels you dont have (or that launch) and delete channels that close down. Will be able to find channels that only broadcast at certain times of the day.

Channel tuning synchronisation
    Will automatically update channel tuning information when Sky move channels around without having to perform a full satellite scan.

Extend series link to freesat
    Extend the existing freesat EPG grabber so series link can be used in the same way as Sky

Bug in series link scheduler
    If tvservice is restarted whilst a series link programme is recording, it can cause said recording to be spawned again.

Features unlikely to be implemented (not by us anyway)

Direct handling of smartcards
    Red button services (eg press the red button to watch a different match)
    Interactive services (Sky active)
    Box office event ordering/handling

Version 1.1

Changes:

More user friendly to enable Sky grabbing (simply check the Sky option rather than selecting a radio channel)
    Fixed Sky Italy grabbing (Items that cannot be decoded will be marked (Cannot decode) in EPG)
    Quick record menu is now configurable. You can choose which schedules to include and in what order.
    Series link is now available from the "Search" screen

17988686.jpg

82842182.jpg

***** PLEASE READ CAREFULLY *****

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

The following applies to this post and any other post made by "miroslav22" in this forum

All attached files are provided free of charge, without warranty of any kind. There is no intention made to infringe on any of Sky's intellectual property, copyrights or patents. All information, attachments and source code are provided for educational purposes only. The data extracted from the satellite stream belongs to Sky and must not be used for any commercial purposes.

Nothing provided here attempts or allows you to bypass Sky's conditional access system. You need a smart card and a valid subscription to view Sky's subscription based channels. It is illegal to view Sky's subscription based channels without a valid subscription. It is illegal to share your subscription with anyone else. I do not condone these practices and you must not be involved in them in any way.

Please be aware that you are breaking your service contract with Sky if you use your smart card in an unofficial CAM or software emulator.

This add-on is released under the same licencing terms as MediaPortal (GNU General Public Licence). Any derivative works must be released under the same licencing terms. The source code is available on Github here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP_Sky_UK_IT_Enhancements

You must understand and agree with these points to make use of any information/attachment/source code

Version 1.11 installers

25th July 2012 - Current testing release compiled over 1.3.0 Alpha
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/h6u8wi

Version 1.10 installers

15th April 2012 - Current stable release compiled over 1.2.3
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/r5laqp

Development branch
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/EXP_Sky_UK_IT_Enhancements

Patch files (source code)

Attachments

• Sky EPG v1.1 (For 1.2.0 Alpha).patch
      346.9 KB
    • Sky EPG v1.1 (SVN 27484).patch
      347.5 KB
    • Sky EPG v1.1 (SVN 27823).patch
      346.2 KB
    • Sky EPG v1.1 (SVN 28148 1.2.0 RC1).patch
      342.7 KB
    • Sky EPG v1.1 (1.2.1 Final).patch
      342.7 KB
    Last edited:

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi miroslav22

Thanks to you and DJBlu for all your hard work you have put in to this enhancement.

Just a quick question with regards to channel synchronisation, I use channel combinations so I combine BBC ONE on DVB-T with BBC ONE on DVB-S. When the channel synchronisation runs would that break that combination every time it synchronises or does it simply modify the DVB-S value? Cheers

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Miroslav22 and DJBlu,

Many many thanks for sorting this - keep up the great work, its greatfully appreciated :)

J.

unitygain

Portal Member
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    awesome.... would love a channle list sometime for uk to save organising thwe channels myself...so lazy lol

Promark

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2008
    Home Country
    awesome.... would love a channle list sometime for uk to save organising thwe channels myself...so lazy lol

You should have read the first post :D

Future features (in development)

Channel and grouping synchronisation
    Will automatically keep channel numbering, ordering and grouping (Entertainment, Sport etc) in sync with a Sky receiver based on your region. Will automatically add channels you dont have (or that launch) and delete channels that close down. Will be able to find channels that only broadcast at certain times of the day.

Channel tuning synchronisation
    Will automatically update channel tuning information when Sky move channels around without having to perform a full satellite scan.

Good work miroslav22 and thanks for the new thread

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

I had a slight problem installing this SVN (TV Service died).

So I did a total clear down and a fresh install.... only for it to error again. :(

It fails on the gentle.config/DB connection. I am running MS SQL Express (not MySQL)

In the end I used a gentle.config from another machine (that also runs MS SQL) and changed the hostname to the HTPC I'm installing on.

Now it installs ok. :D

I'll report back with any problems (I'm sure there won't be any) :D

J.

miroslav22

Development Group Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 4, 2009
    Warwick
    Home Country
    Hi Jay,

Sorry you had a problem, I must admit ive not tested the upgrade with MsSql in this version. Its probable I missed something out when building the installer. I'll test it out and report back tomorrow.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Miroslav22,

No worries mate... a little pain is worth the end result :)

Channel scan and EPG grab works a treat!

J.

ps - Channel change is quick too.

Ragnarok666

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi there,

I had a slight problem installing this SVN (TV Service died).

So I did a total clear down and a fresh install.... only for it to error again. :(

It fails on the gentle.config/DB connection. I am running MS SQL Express (not MySQL)

In the end I used a gentle.config from another machine (that also runs MS SQL) and changed the hostname to the HTPC I'm installing on.

Now it installs ok. :D

I'll report back with any problems (I'm sure there won't be any) :D

J.

been getting that issue on the official 1.1.0 too. and the last release of this on 1.1.0 your not alone. but like you said keeping a backup of the working gentle.config and putting the working one back over the 0byte one the installers install works just fine.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Just seen this on another forum. Looks like Sky are considering making it an option to switch the SD channel version with it's HD equivalent. See Digital Spy Forums - View Single Post - Sky & Satellite Weekly News Thread, Week # 39

PS. Any info on below? :D
    Just a quick question with regards to channel synchronisation, I use channel combinations so I combine BBC ONE on DVB-T with BBC ONE on DVB-S. When the channel synchronisation runs would that break that combination every time it synchronises or does it simply modify the DVB-S value? Cheers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom