Skype remote control (1 Viewer)

magnuje2

Portal Member
May 11, 2006
Hey,

Just got an idea a few days ago when i found a good Skype API example in C#. I think it would be cool to give my MP PC a skype account. This will enable me to send commands to MP from skype on another machine, via the messaging system. Like, record simpsons today, or show recordings. Even things like "play some music", or "dim lights at home" would be possible.
MP could also answer me and give me useful information about status and such. For example, if someone starts watching a movie this would be sent to me with the title

I know the web interface does most of these things, but this way is more fun. More "gadget" feel to it. And you dont have to think about DynDNS and all that. Any ideas? I know i can get the skype api part up and running. I have experimented with this in the past. But i am not familliar with the MP code, so if anyonw could give me some code examples to get me started. Lets say a "show todays recordings" query or something. Got a example plugin up and running which i can modify.

If anyone have any other cool suggestings, just say it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom