Skystar2 and TvServer (1 Viewer)

STSC

Portal Pro
December 4, 2004
Germany
Hello,

I'm having issues getting the TvServer and the Skystar 2 working.
The TvService doesn't find any Astra channels.
I tried following drivers:
DVB 4.4.0: No tuning of Astra channels.
DVB 4.4.1 beta: No tuning of Astra channels.
BDA 4.4.1 beta: Doesn't work on my computer so I can't test them.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks!

DonBogo

Portal Pro
July 26, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
I made a couple more tests. I had the same issue with the BDA driver like in this thread:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/no_more_server_cards_found-t19424.html?t=19424&highlight=skystar

After a reinstall of Windows XP I don't have that issue any more but now I get blue screens when the BDA driver is stopped.

Is there also a way to make the DVB drivers working? Thanks!

-> Reinstalling windows all fine except blue screens
Found shared IRQ between SkyStar2 and the embedded graphics card in my system
Moved the SkyStar2 in another PCI slot and no more blue screens !

Now my second tuner (pinnacle) has shared IRQ, no way to not have shared IRQ at all; but seems that this tuner can handle this shared IRQ situation (better driver!?)

Cheers,
Daniele

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I use SS2 with tvserver BDA beta. All ok. I did have bule screen when I still had cards in MP. After removing all tuner cards from MP the blue screen is gone. I only got blue screens when going into "My TV" even before tuning to any channel. But sure enough after a windows debug on the crash dump it pointed to the BDA driver. so that was a bit of a different problem.

Still occasionally I get a strange problem where the system goes to 100% cpu but I can't see any process using the CPU time in task manager. It seems to be someting within kernel space (Suspect BDA drier) since when this happens if i try to view a DVB-S cahnnel via SS2 the image is broken and slow. Rebooting the PC dosn't fix the problem complete power off is required!! It's like the SS2 gets stuck in some strange state and has to be actually powered off! Not really a problem though, it hasn't happen for a while now. Probably only 4 times total in the 3 months I've been using the BDA driver. Will the BDA driver ever have some bug fixes and come out of beta?? I still prefer the BDA things seem to be better with it. i.e. Channel changes are faster.

Sorry for all that off topic stuff!

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been using a SkyStar 2 (BDA drivers) with TVServer for while now and have no problems at all.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

I'm having issues getting the TvServer and the Skystar 2 working.
    The TvService doesn't find any Astra channels.
    I tried following drivers:
    DVB 4.4.0: No tuning of Astra channels.
    DVB 4.4.1 beta: No tuning of Astra channels.
    BDA 4.4.1 beta: Doesn't work on my computer so I can't test them.

I would appreciate your help. Thanks!
    now thats extremely weird.
    i used the TV-Server with the WBD 4.4.0 drivers before BDA 4.4.1 beta came out.
    i am still using the beta BDA drivers and no problems at all :confused:

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With current tve3 and SS2 BDA drivers you might get Bluescreens in "ks.sys" if you have dvb-epg enabled. Unfortunately noone from the test team is able to reproduce this yet.

DonBogo

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    With current tve3 and SS2 BDA drivers you might get Bluescreens in "ks.sys" if you have dvb-epg enabled. Unfortunately noone from the test team is able to reproduce this yet.

After some time that I use it and after some new bluescreen I'm exactly in this situation. I will ad logs this evening if this can help (?)

STSC

Portal Pro
    December 4, 2004
    Germany
    Currently I only have the bluescreen issue, everything else is solved.
    But I'm pretty sure, that this is not a MP issue, but a driver issue, because I also had the bluescreen with Dreamdvb and on my other computer.

But right now I can't use the TVE3 at all, because my signal strength is about 55-60% and MP seems not to like that low signal strength. DreamDVB works way better.

ammm

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I installed the BDA version of the drives and I had totally 5 BSOD

Now I installed a new version of 4.4.1 Beta Version drivers (dated 06.03.2007)
    from thecnisat site and till now I didn't have any BSOD...

Hope this can help
    bye
    ammm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom