Sleep-Timer (Put system to sleep in x) (1 Viewer)

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started on: 2007-03-19
    last update: 2007-03-19

Summary:
    A timer that shuts down the system in x minutes.

Description:
    A timer that changes its value by pressing a linked button (like a sleep button on many TV remotes). Values should be editable in TV-Config (120/90/60/30 etc.).
    The timer would need to communicate with the Powerscheduler-Plugin since just putting the system to sleep doesnt set a wakeuptime if there's a planned recording.

This has nothing to do with the Powerscheduler Idle Time, if TV was on, that idle time is never reached and thus the system would never shut down without user interfering.

Why would you want that feature? Just shut down your PC if you want it off!
    -Well, some ppl (like me) got a HTPC in the bedroom aswell, and i like having radio/tv/whatever on while falling asleep. I dont like my PC running the whole night though :)

Regards, Muldini

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You're talking about the included "My Alarm", yeah?

Ill test that 2mrw, from what ive seen having a quick look at it is that you can only set one time though.

Regards, Muldini

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    My Alarm is good but if the my alarm hibernate the system the powerscheduler cant start the pc. Im I right?

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    AFAIK Powerscheduler should wake up your PC since it steadily writing next wakeup time...but...why not give it a try before asking? :)

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i have a problem, when im using powersceduler and my alarm to shut down my system.

my alarm changes the screen to the homescreen, as it should, but the powersheduler does not shut down my computer after the 3 minutes.

Muldini

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have a problem, when im using powersceduler and my alarm to shut down my system.

my alarm changes the screen to the homescreen, as it should, but the powersheduler does not shut down my computer after the 3 minutes.

Please post your tv.log (TV-Server one).

Regards, Muldini

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi

I'm using build MP 18436, and "My alarm Sleep" does not change to homescreen after the sleep time
    Also when I set the Sleep time and Activated it I don't see the timer going on..

There is no log as you know..
    I'm using BlueTwo Skin

Any help?

Thanks!

mazemp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 12, 2008
    near Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I also tried My Alarm. After the sleep time media portal changes to home screen.
    Is it possible that My Alarm puts the PC into sleep after the sleep time? or has powersheduler be configuerd that it puts the pc into sleep, when mediaportal is in homescreen and hasnt been used for x minutes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom