sliced TV display? (1 Viewer)

jcee

Portal Pro
November 23, 2004
I tried the search, but did not know for which keywords to serach.

When watching TV (no matter which codec) and there is (fast) motion it seems that the picture is sliced horizontaly.
It seems that the upper part shows the old frame, where the lower part of the screen shows already the next frame.

There is only one cut I can recognize. The faster the motion the more obvious does it become.
I think it must be something with the timing or syncing, but does not know where and how I can fix this.
I have set the gfx card (tv-out) to 720x576@50Hz, which should be the correct setting for germany and PAL system.

So what to do? Can someone point me into the right direction.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Sounds like you are referring to what is often referred to as "tearing" - it can usually be fixed by selecting "enable exclusive DirectX control" in the MP Configuration general section..... :)

jcee

Portal Pro
    November 23, 2004
    yeah :) "tearing" .. could be..
    so thats the prove that my english far from beeing perfekt: did not thought about that expression..

I will give it a try..
    Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks for your feedback!
    Thanks for your feedback!
    I'm not sure exactly when this started, I've been dealing with it for a while until I had time to troubleshoot it. I'm pretty sure...
    Replies
    Views
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same problem exists with other EPG sources, such as the broadcast EPG that I use with DVB-T/T2. When a programme first appears in the EPG (7 days ahead of its broadcast time), some programmes have a generic...
    Thank you for performing this test, and confirming @joecrow 's suspicion as to the cause of the problem. In principle the same...
    TV Server 1.25. Windows 10. This has been an issue for many years, if not since inception, and I hoped it would be resolved...
    Replies
    Views
    That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that development was in DataFlex I doubt that it's relevant to MP development.
    That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that...
    The setting up of scheduled recordings seems to be the weakest part of MP2 - in fact I'd go as far as to say one aspect of it is a...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
    I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
    I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
    Replies
    Views
    Which one of the 2 databases you chose during installation? And are you sure the username/password are correct? See here TV-Server FAQ for defaults. Can you make sure the selected database is indeed running? (Check the services.msc if the relevant one is started) If all that is ok, it's possible the windows firewall is blocking...
    Which one of the 2 databases you chose during installation? And are you sure the username/password are correct? See here TV-Server...
    Hallo, eigentlich durchsuche ich immer Foren mit den Themas die ich benötige, aber diesmal nicht. Ich habe heute meinen PC...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom