SlimTV which filter is used to play the rtsp stream (1 Viewer)

Mike Lowrey

Portal Pro
February 4, 2009
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

does the SlimTVClient also rely on the current tsreader implementation?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For now I still use tsreader for rtsp based playback. If you look at the code, I derive tsreaderplayer in livetvplayer.

In future the remote access could maybe done with the common dokan-http-server way.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Sorry for this question, but I'm looking at MP2 once and a while.

I have my MP1 setup well working but want to tryout MP2 with SlimTV.

But i can't seem to find anywhere to setup IP of TV server ...

Is there something I'm missing or is this done hardcodec somewhere?

Could someone point me in the right direction where i should setup IP of TVserver in MP2 SlimTV

Thanks

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SlimTV which filter is used to play the rtsp stream

You are right, there is currently no option to set the tvserver. I use a hardcoded link to localhost only, that's why you can only test single seat now.

But I can change this next week and would be excited about more test results in multi-seat environment (I did not test this yet).

Edit: more exactly you need to specify the server adress of the Tv4Home service, that is used for controlling

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks for replying quickly.

Would be interesting to see the stage of TV in MP2.

Are there special requirements for using this ? (you mention TV4home)

Today i just connect MP1 to TVserver and it works. Should i install something other than MP2 to connect to TVserver?

Will look out for something new on this in the coming days/weeks :)

Regards

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: SlimTV which filter is used to play the rtsp stream

If you like, here is an extended SlimTv4HomeProvider that allows changing the server adress.

The translations are still missing, I had no time yet. But you will find the setting :) Simply enter the server name (or IP).

Extract the contents of the zip into MediaPortal2 Client\Plugins and overwrite the default one.

Back on sunday evening, but I'm able to read answers in the mean time though... :)

Attachments

• SlimTv4HomeProvider.zip
      23.9 KB

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does this version work for you in multi-seat now?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

JacobJust

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi morpheus_xx

I ran into some issues so i thought i reinstalled my win7 64bit and then tried from there.

But i still has these issues. First...: Man, MP2 has come closer to something realy nice the last couple of months :)

The skin opportunities with MP2 are great. The video with the rewind and FF are also looking very promising and other nice details...

But, in SlimTV client i now have the settings and they are working.

I get my EPG data from TVserver, but when i press "watch now" i get no video or sound.... nothing realy happens.

Firewall is disabled between MP2 and TVserver....

Will try to see what could be wrong, but im realy in the deeb with errors on MP2.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread