SLOOOOOOOOOOW (1 Viewer)

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
When i go to fast forward with my remote... even at 16x it only goes about 4 secs at a time...

any way to make it go faster ???

ie at 16x it does 1 min jumps ??? or even 16 sec jumps (as the name suggests)

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
also ... the app slows right down when the in vid menu (aspect ratio) or the ffwd panel appear...

any way to disable the panel or change some ffwd settings ???

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    we need more details before we can summize what may be wrong... please use the support template and fill in all the appropriate details... then you may get a bit more useful help :)

Thanks

Steve

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi jellybeard999,

Sounds like you're using Overlay for Video Renderer instead of VMR9. Try switching the Video Renderer to VMR9 Renderless for TV, Movies & DVD (or in whatever section your problem occurs). To change this, start Configuration, then:

- DVD --> DVD Player --> Video Renderer: choose: VMR9 Renderless

- Movies --> Movie Player --> Video Renderer: choose: VMR9 Renderless

- Television --> Video Renderer --> choose: VMR9 Renderless

Kind regards,
    Michel

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
    October 14, 2005
    scoop said:
    Hi jellybeard999,

Sounds like you're using Overlay for Video Renderer instead of VMR9. Try switching the Video Renderer to VMR9 Renderless for TV, Movies & DVD (or in whatever section your problem occurs). To change this, start Configuration, then:

- DVD --> DVD Player --> Video Renderer: choose: VMR9 Renderless

- Movies --> Movie Player --> Video Renderer: choose: VMR9 Renderless

- Television --> Video Renderer --> choose: VMR9 Renderless

Kind regards,
    Michel

I was using that, and have now changed it as you say...

Will see what its like ;)

Thanks

EDIT - that was it... now 3 mins in 3 seconds or something, and no chuggin :)

Thank you so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
    Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
    Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
    Replies
    Views
    Of course it does! Doh! Glad we missed that there was a 2.4.1 update - we're usually assiduous about updating all our software to its latest versions.
    Of course it does! Doh! Glad we missed that there was a 2.4.1 update - we're usually assiduous about updating all our software to...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the link below, run reg.bat as an admin to install it and change the HEVC Video settings in MediaPortal Configuration/Codecs and Renderer...
    Many people found the Lentoid decoder better optimised than LAV for software decoding. If you want to try it, download it from the...
    For some unknown reason I can't play HEVC encoded video with MP1 on my system. I have tried every trick I know, but nothing works...
    Replies
    Views
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the Schedules Direct plugin.
    I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the...
    I don't know if anyone is still supporting SchedulesDirect at this point, but I'm about to toss my HTPC in the garbage because I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hey doskabouter, Thanks for the quick fix! Works like a charm now Still staying true to MePo. I know development may be kind of slow on some parts, but no reason for me to give up. Been using it for years now and it never failed me. Only wish I had the skill set to help out.
    Hey doskabouter, Thanks for the quick fix! Works like a charm now Still staying true to MePo. I know development may be kind of...
    For anyone that may have a clue and a pointer to help me out here; Just tried to enable the login function for the YouTube site...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom