[confirm] Slow channel changing... sometimes freeze (1 Viewer)

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
I've had an issue since 1.2 beta. When changing channels the picture goes black for around 8 seconds, then plays the old channel i had on for a few seconds... then eventually either changes to the new channel or just freezes.

This seems to happen after the first channel change, and no seems to happen regardless of what i do. I've tried disabling some of the tuners in tv-server but it makes no difference. Its a standalone setup with tv-server/mediaportal on the same machine. All channel scans up to date etc. HD channels only mapped to the dvb-t2 tuner. No other problems that I can see.

I waited until 1.2 RC to see if it had been fixed but no go. I use 3 tuners in total.

1 dual dvb tuner - KWorld PC160-2T
1 dvb-t2 tuner - Hauppauge 290e

Mobo: Asus P5E-VM HDMI
CPU: Q6600 @ 3ghz
RAM: 4 x 1GB @ 1066

UPDATED LOGS ATTACHED WITH CHANNEL CHANGE THAT FROZE MEDIAPORTAL COMPLETELY

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    From your logs it appears that none of the tuners of the dual tuner can lock on the signal. So MP tries the 1st tuner, fails then tries the 2nd, fails again then finally tries the 3rd (Hauppauge 290e) and succeeds.

Try changing from "Pause card" to "Stop card" in advanced tuning options for this card. Also try changing the preferred Network Provider (if more than one is available for your card).

I have no clue about the freeze but it is most likely a different issue, so you should start a new bug report about it.

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Sounds like you had the same problem as me.
    Change the Network Provider for all DVB-T tuners to "DVB-T" in the TV Server Settings.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    I am fairly sure I've done both of those things already but I shall tripple check. Thanks for the help.

Out of interest why would this happen even if I disable the KWorld tuners? I've tried that and the same thing happens.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Out of interest why would this happen even if I disable the KWorld tuners? I've tried that and the same thing happens.
    That is something I can't explain. You'd have to post logs again showing this.

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Attached is a screenshot of my setup if it's any help. Ensure you change the Network Provider on every tuner for each card. I have IPTV and RadioWebStream disabled but I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

The problem was happening with my Hauppauge tuner so perhaps your Hauppauge tuner is the cause rather than the KWorld.

Some more things to check/try:
    - Update Win7 to Service Pack 1
    - Update the drivers for both the KWorld and Hauppauge
    - Go into ControlPanel->AdminTools->Services and disable any service belonging to KWorld and Hauppauge. My Hauppauge installed it's own TV Service which was conflicting with MediaPortals TV Service.
    - If your Tuners are USB dongles, try a different USB port. Some ports have lower power output than others or the power is shared amongst multiple ports.
    -Retune all your channels in case there was a broadcaster change.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      199.8 KB

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    I've definitely already made the DVB-T change to the tuners. Just got to double check the pause/stop card but I know I've played about with that in the past and its made no difference. I only ever install the drivers, that doesn't install a service. Just seen another unwatchable TV issue popup and it sounds similar.

Anyway, I'll tripple check my settings, give you screenshots and go from there.

Also have the same odd PAT error all over my tswriter logs:

29-08-2011 22:07:18.461 pmtgrabber: search pmt from PAT for sid:3be0
    29-08-2011 22:07:18.539 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:18.633 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:18.727 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:18.836 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:18.929 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.07 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.132 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.226 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.319 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.429 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.522 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.631 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.725 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.
    29-08-2011 22:07:19.819 PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan.

K24A3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Can you go into the TV Service Settings -> Manual Control and tell us what you see in the list?

Maybe the tuner(s) are busy doing something else. The tuner may be locked on a channel after a recording, or grabbing EPG, etc..

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    I have the same issue. Been fighting with channel issues since 1.0.3...

I have only the SAF codec pack installed and have all manner of issues of one form or another.

Using all ffdshow settings all works well but in South Australia if I switch from any channel to ABC24 or from ABC24 to any other channel the picture freezes. (log attached)

If I use the MPC MPEG2 codec for video then I get breakups of the image on some channels and horrible interlacing issues which cause blury video (which has been the case always but I am trying to get over this by not using the MPC codecs).

I have tried different combinations of codecs of the MPC and ffdshow ones for days now and when one problem is fixed by a different combination it introduces another issue.

I have had no issues using older versions of MP except occasional video dropouts but this happens on playback of video through MP too.

I only use MP for live tv and it has always been the most painful thing to get going. Takes days

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom