Slow choppy only with moving pictures (1 Viewer)

gormine

Portal Member
May 3, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Am I the only person having this problem? When I play videos through the default video plugin, they play fine. If they are played through Moving Pictures, it is a different story.

The video initially plays but changes speeds sometimes and stutters a little. The main thing I notice is I can't do ANYTHING. Hitting any button will do nothing for the first minute or so of the video and then every button I pushed will play out rapidly. Once buttons start working, they are fine throughout the rest of the video. It still stutters though.

I repeat, videos through the default plugin work fine.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Hrmm, no you are the first that has reported this. Are you playing the same files in MyVideos, where it works fine? I find this behavior very surprising though, because on playback, Moving Pictures just hands off playback to the MediaPortal Player class, just like all the other plug-ins. The only two things I can think of are either a) it's the video files that are causing problems, not the plug-in, or b) your system may be a little dated and some background task (like artwork retrieval) is causing a strain on the system, disrupting playback.

Does any of this sound reasonable? These are just the first things that come to mind after reading your post...

gormine

Portal Member
May 3, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the quick response!

I am having the problem with every video I try. The same videos are find in the default plugin. I'm using a amd 2200+ with 1gb ram. It isn't a beast of a system but I have monitored the task manager while experiencing the playback issues and the cpu usage never hits 100%. The mediaportal process goes from ~15-90%. There are no other processes using the cpu. This computer is used solely for mediaportal.

Bobb25

Portal Pro
November 26, 2006
Durban
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
I just experienced a similar thing last night in My TVseries when i installed the new StreamedMP skin with the new MovingPictures plugin. The avi starts playing then every 30 secs or so it just kinda slows down, then catches up. This was in My TVseries and in MovingPictures. When i restarted and changed codecs it came right.

gormine

Portal Member
May 3, 2007
Home Country
I was wondering... This might be a problem with the StreamedMP skin. This is the first time I've ever tried Moving Pictures AND StreamedMP and haven't tried it with another skin yet (StreamedMP looks so good compared to others).

Either way, I have tried restarting and changing codecs. What codec are you using? I only have ffmpeg and mva available.

Update: I tried it with the blue skins and have the same issue.

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
if you install mediaportal, you have the option to install the MPV and MPA codecs. Try with these.

gormine

Portal Member
May 3, 2007
Home Country
I tried MPA and MVA again and it appears to be working now. Maybe I didn't save the setting when I tried before. I will cross my fingers that it keeps working. Thanks for the help guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom