Slow TV Channel Change (1 Viewer)

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have Media Portal and i get slow channel changing when i chang ethe channel on my DVB-T card.

I was wondering what i could do to make this faster.

Is it the computer Specs or the TV card, or is there just nothing i can do?

Thanks.

Hojou

Portal Pro
January 10, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I read somewhere about a delay you can set to 0 somewhere, also some preprocessing you can disable. I suspect the delay is to make room for some buffering - without the buffering the signal could become a bit jerky i guess.

I hope it helps

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    Hi there,

I have Media Portal and i get slow channel changing when i chang ethe channel on my DVB-T card.

I was wondering what i could do to make this faster.

Is it the computer Specs or the TV card, or is there just nothing i can do?

Thanks.

Any logs ?
    Some tv cards are slower to tune a channel , but logs can also show some interesting infos about that like signal strenght/quality , time it takes for getting the pmt..etc.
    So logs are important if you wanna get some answers.

Mantis

Portal Member
    January 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have the same problem. Just moved from MCE2005 and MCE Vista where the channel changing time where about 2-3 sec. In MP its more like 10 sec. I'm using FireDTV with IRDETO cam.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    i have this intermittantly.

i can install a clean MP installation.. channel zapping is near instant, then over time (a week or so), channel zapping will get progressively slower (to maybe 3-4 seconds).

why would channel zapping get slower to more i use MP? nothing changes on the sytem between it running fast and getting slow.

Broceliande

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2006
    if u are using timeshifting , so a fragmented hdd will slow down zapping , more and more , day by day.
    But ONE LAST TIME before i just drop this thread :
    PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR LOGS FOR ANY SUPPORT REQUEST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    this is not my thread so i'll leave it up to the OP to post logs.

however i never have timeshifting turned on.. so this is not the reason for my slow-ness.

my issue is different to the OP's anyway.... as mine starts really fast and then gets progressively slower as the days/weeks go on.

Hojou

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    this is not my thread so i'll leave it up to the OP to post logs.

I think he (and the previous portal developer) ment *anyone* asking for help about this to post logs. Come on it's pretty easy, and when asked for it - the least you could do is post it ;)

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    if you have seen any of my bug reports then you will know that i always post logs and system specs.

i was merely adding info to this thread. it's not my thread/issue so it's really up to the OP to post his logs.

for my issue i will be creating my own thread so that my specific problem can be looked at (as my issue is different to the OPs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom