Slow zapping 5-10s (1 Viewer)

jnjoni

November 30, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

First of all i like to thank you for a great program. Now to my problem.

I currently use mp 0.2.1, Firedtv-s (latest bda) with DragonCam and predator 3.31 and a original Viasat subscriptioncard (sweden). I can watch all channels no problem, but when i change channel it takes about 5-10 sec before the new channel appear. If i turn Timeshift on it adds about 2s moore. Anyone who has the same problem, or have some idea what it could be. I´ve tried with the Osd settings but no big difference. i´ve also tried with mytheatre and channelchange takes about
1sec there.

thanks in advance // Joni

HTPC:

Intel Celeron 3ghz

2048mb ram

nvidia gforce 7900 512mb

250gb hdd

Spif

Portal Member
January 10, 2006
Falun
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have the same problem with slow zapping using my Twinhan DVB-S card. It seems to be somewhat related to the use of the CI. I use a Conax module and a Canal Digital subscription card. Zapping using my Hauppauge HVR-1300 isn't fast but still a lot faster than the Twinhan.

mclog

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
My Experiences

Hi

I'm using the FloppyDTV-S, with a Conax CI/CAM, and original Canal Digital subscription card (yellow card).

With FTA channels such as BBC World, my zap is TV-like, less than 0.5 second. As soon as I start using the encrypted channels such as Canal+ Sport 1, etc, the zap increases to about 9 seconds.

I was able to borrow a friends Canal Digital subscription card (red card), and that takes my zap speed to 4 - 6 seconds for the encrypted channels.

I spoke with Canal Digital technical support, and it seems that there are differences between the cards. The yellow cards are meant to be used with specific pieces of hardware (it's called pairing), and they were surprised that I could watch the channels at all. The red cards are not paired which explains the 100% improvement in zap speed.

So, if you have Canal Digital and slow zap, check the card colour, and work on getting the red one, although they are very reluctant to give them out. I'm trying today :D

Would still like to get that encrypted zap speed down a couple of seconds more, but not sure what else I can try to improve that now....

:D to the MP team btw, it's a super piece of software :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom