sluggishness of MP0.7.1 when in network (1 Viewer)

arryo

Portal Pro
July 12, 2008
yes 0.7.2 rocks, bluray and hddvd works perfectly fine too

Now waiting for more features coming (including search and logos option)

sclaws

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2009
    Chicago western suburbs
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm having sluggish browsing in flimstrip mode with 0.7.2. I followed the instructions for using a centralized database (which works fine) but MP is very stuttery when browsing thru my movie library. I have just under 500 titles, and have tried setting the bkgd image loading option to 500ms, but no change.

FYI I have one system (for my daughter) that does not share the database, rather has its own local db for kid movies only...performance is fine there. My network is wired gigabit w/cat-6 throughout...no playback issues with BD iso's or any other media. Not sure what to troubleshoot or any settings to try to smooth things out.

arryo

Portal Pro
    July 12, 2008
    this problem comes back with MP 1.01. The waiting time in the plugins screen is approx 2 minutes (not sure if it's normal or not), I have about 500 movies (all from network). I will post log later today when i get home

edit: log attached

ChillyWilly

Portal Member
    December 20, 2007
    I have this problem when the server which hosts the files is down. I have to wait for minutes before it timeouts and moves on.

barabbas

Portal Member
    July 13, 2009
    Hello,

I have both problems with MP, startup takes forever (server and client running on XP, both X2 3000+, about 450 movies on an internal Gbit LAN, database on client side) and when it starts, browsing is sluggish and stutters. I am using 0.7.5. Is this solved or still an issue? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom