SlySoft AnyDVD MultiShortcut Solution (1 Viewer)

steve760

Portal Pro
March 10, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I will be posting solutions for using SlySoft AnyDVD within MediaPortal 1.1.0 beta and SVN's

This is a MultiShortcut solution I originally made a while ago, Just got it working with 1.1.0

What this does is not much, but it works for my use, I wanted a way to Rip DVD's to Hard Drive
or a network location using AnyDVD while MediaPortal was open and a disc was already in the
Optical Drive. So if i was done watching or previewing a movie and decided to Rip it, I could do
so without closing MediaPortal.

So we used MultiShortcut and it works great, we have this set up for a few skins StreamedMP,
MonoChrome, and the Blues.

Let me know if anyone else finds use for this, I will be posting Directions and the download as
soon as I get done with the directions.

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Why not use MediaSlayer plugin and get database management + cover art downloading among CD/DVD ripping capability?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Or just install DVD43 that is completely free and then use MediaSlayer as suggested by the previous poster? I've had lots of issues with trying to playback copy protected DVDs (that I own) on my computer, region issues etc, but with this app I've had no more issues. I did try AnyDVD before, but it sadly did interfere with DaemonTools for some reason on my system.

Or are there any perks I'm missing by using AnyDVD?
    Emph

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    AnyDVD + Virtual CloneDrive = play it all and mount fast without any hassle. Also MP 1.1beta + SVN recommended on Win 7 + Haali. You don't need any other codecs.

steve760

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have no issues with AnyDVD, and I never have, thats why I use it, I have around 1000 Movies ripped to HDD's on my Home Server and out of these every last one of them was ripped with Slysoft AnyDVD, never once have I had a one of them that does not play or have any issues. Nor have I ever had region problems, why? I don't know, maybe because I use AnyDVD, who knows.

You can read up on it at their site if you need know more, I sure their are many programs that people are going to be using that they enjoy very much, that work great for them because they know the program.

I did not post this thread because I wanted anyone to run AnyDVD or to promote it in any way. I merely was posting that I could/would add a plugin I set up to use it from within MediaPortal, this would be for others who enjoy AnyDVD and are looking for something as I have Posted about here and nothing more.

Anyway, on that note if someone is interested in this let me know, i will give you a link to download it from our servers, or I may post it here.

Bottom line is it works fine for me, hence why I made it and why I use the program...

cabala

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Steve760,

I'm very interested in this plugin! I tried to "shortcut" Anydvd but with no luck, Mediaportal stay on top and hides Anydvd window...

Please, post the download link and I'll try your plugin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom