Small sorting bug? (1 Viewer)

pzycho

Portal Member
March 14, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think this is a small sorting bug, and it doesn't really bother me, but it is usually helpful to report them anyhow. Lets see if I can properly explain it.

Though the sorting works fine for ignoring the "the"'s when sorting, it still jumps to the first "the" movie when you type the letter "t" on the remote.

Here is an example: The 40 Year Old Virgin is listed high up because it sorts by "40 Year Old Virgin" (which is the way it should be).... but lets say I want to jump down to Toy Story. When I hit the number 8 on my remote (which cooresponds to the letter "t") it jumps to The 40 Year Old Virgin (which is my first movie with a "the" in front of the title).

Like I said, not a huge issue, but I thought you might want to be aware.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Are you refering to in the MP GUI or in the config? There is a documented bug about the GUI behaving that way when using the remote's numeric keypad. I can see this happens in the config on the Movie Manager screen as well though. Is this what you were referring to?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
No apologies neccisary, thanks for the bug report. Honestly I didn't even know you could sort through lists like this on the GUI with the remote keypad until the issue was reported. I was simultaneously delighted and crestfallen, because it's a really cool feature, but it is currently broken with Moving Pictures. :p I think this might require a code change to the MediaPortal code, but hopefully not. When we get to the issue, we will see what can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom