Small tool to help manage your channels / groups (1 Viewer)

megacrypto

Portal Pro
October 20, 2006
ThoughtI make this little app to help me use my laptop to organize the chnnels into groups. Its very basic:
- Settings.xml has the database info (servername, username, password), you can change those from Settings in the menu
- Left side is the channels that you have, on the right are the groups and their channels
- Top left side has the providers list and a filter text box to filter the list
- Double click on the channel on the left side to add it to the group you want (after selecting the group from the combo on the right top)
- You can add, edit, or delete Groups
- You can remove a channel from a group by double clicking on it

The source code is attached. Didn't put much into it, just enough to get the functions that were needed for now.

Hope it will be helpful to others, and feel free to change or enhance.

BTW its written in VB 2005

enjoy

Note: if you dont have visual studio, you can just go into the bin\debug folder and directly run the exe from there, also you can edit the settings.xml file there with any editor (notepad or so)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ThoughtI make this little app to help me use my laptop to organize the chnnels into groups. Its very basic:
    - Settings.xml has the database info (servername, username, password), you can change those from Settings in the menu
    - Left side is the channels that you have, on the right are the groups and their channels
    - Top left side has the providers list and a filter text box to filter the list
    - Double click on the channel on the left side to add it to the group you want (after selecting the group from the combo on the right top)
    - You can add, edit, or delete Groups
    - You can remove a channel from a group by double clicking on it

The source code is attached. Didn't put much into it, just enough to get the functions that were needed for now.

Hope it will be helpful to others, and feel free to change or enhance.

BTW its written in VB 2005

enjoy

Nice that youre doing something in return! :D keep it up!

megacrypto

Portal Pro
    October 20, 2006
    I would really like to do alot more, have many ideas in my mind (and now i have some time on my hand) but it will take some time to get familiar with MP's coding style & structure (plus never wrote in c# all in vb)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom