Smooth transition from MCE to MP (1 Viewer)

pssturges

November 27, 2006
Home Country
Hi all,

We have been using mce in our household for some time, and it has been serving its purpose well, particularly in recent months. The WAF is currently at an all time high...:)

So now it's time to change things!:p The TV Server feature of media portal is something that I think will be extremely useful to my family, so I am currently testing MP to see how well it will work for us, with a view to going live shortly.

To enable a smooth transition for the rest of the family, I need to make MP as MCE-like as possible. In my tinkering so far, I have found a few things that may hinder acceptance of the new setup.

So, I would like to ask if any of the following can be overcome.

1) In MCE, when you press the Live TV button on the remote, it goes straight to full screen live TV, is there any way to configure this? I have not been able to find it so far...

2) We have a bank of MCE recorded tv (in dvr-ms format) sitting on a harddrive on our server. I have configured the MP TVServer to use the same recorded TV folder, but the MCE recorded programs are not showing up in MP under recorded TV. Is it possible to view these files in this way. I know I can configure MP so they can be viewed in my videos, it would just be nicer if they could be viewed through recorded TV.

3) TV that is currently being recorded does not seem to show up under recorded TV until the recording is complete. Should it? We currently often start watching a recorded program before it is finished recording.

4) I would like to configure the stop button on the remote to turn off live tv, but as yet have not been able to find a way to do so.

5) Lastly, I am using an xml file for my guide, and it has episode name data for many of the programs. Is MP capable of displaying this info in the guide? If so, is there a particular field name required?

Any help on any or all of these points would be greatly appreciated.
:D
Phil

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1 and 4: you can map any key to any command on the MCE remote in the configuration.exe screen
    2,3 dont know

5 what guide ?

there is a plugin called tv series, check that

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

2) You may edit the TVDatabaseVXXX.db3 with the SQLight Browser to add your MCE recordings. But this could be very tricky. I do not know, if there is an import utility (would be nice though :)).

3) They are listed in Timer. If a recording is running you can select it there and start the playback from beginning. They are moved to Recordings when they are done.

HTH,
    Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom