[Bug] SMS Style Search in Coverflow Views (1 Viewer)

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2b and above
    MediaPortal Skin: Tested with Default and Fidelity
    Windows Version: Windows 7

When using SMS style search in Coverflow view, only the first letter on each button can be selected.

For example, if you press the number "2" twice you should jump to the first item beginning with the letter "b" however, only "a" is selectable.

This happens in all sections of MP when coveflow view is selected.

The SMS style search works correctly in all other views (list, icons, big icons and filmstrip).

I can see from the code in "GUICoverFlow.cs" that this should work. Just can't figure out why it doesn't (at least for me).

Please let me know if logs will help here.

Cheers,

Mick.

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    If you've tried this and it works for you then the logs will definitely help!;)

Does it?

uggabugga

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 21, 2007
    QXQgaG9tZSA7LSk=
    Home Country
    hehe... ahhh.
    You made my day #elliottmc ;)

If the idea "logs" even crossed your mind, just provide them all.

Asking if anyone needs/want's to see the logs on MP forums, is like asking a kid if he would like a lollipop. What do you think the answer would be? :D

#Wo0zy
    No disrespect man, just having a laugh ;)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Indeed. To be honest, I didn't actually even know that you could use the number keys in SMS-style to run through lists.

However, I can actually confirm that this does not happen in coverflow, so it seems that we do have a bug.

Now, bearing in mind that MediaPortal is free software, why do you think it should be my 'job' to provide the logs rather than you?

Sorry if this comes across as sarcastic, but things all work better if we work together.

Edit: to be fair, I have checked my logs, and none of the actions are logged anyway, so they probably won't help.

Mark

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Mark,

Wathdog logs attached.

I can reproduce this from 1.2b to latest SVN and several samples inbetween.

Hope this helps. ;)

Cheers,

Mick.

Edit. Mark, I posted this before I saw your response. I have no wish to pick a fight mate (hence why I posted the logs). I just didn't think they'd show anything in this case. But I do appreciate the need for structure. :). BTW It's not just number keys but MCE remotes too!

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Hi Mark,

I appreciate that this is too late for 1.2 but just wanted to let you know that I have a fix for it.

Not sure if it'll cause any side effects but I haven't spotted any so far.

As I mentioned before, the code for the SMS search was already in GUICoverflow.cs it just didn't work because the key value was being reset to "0" after every press :).

I've attached a patch for you to try and maybe run past the devs if you get a chance but TBH it's such a tiny change that a patch file hardly seems worth it :D.

All I've done is comment out lines 2149 and 2150

//_previousKey = (char)0;
    //_currentKey = (char)0;

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Mick

Attachments

• SMSSearchFix.patch
      610 bytes

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Sorry but the fix does not seem right to me. When the search string is cleared, the previous/current keys should be cleared too. I think the issue is that ResetSearchString is called more often than it should, but have not had time yet to check in detail.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    The fix is good. It's just that method is named weirdly. These two keys shouldn't be cleared in this method.

Only thing the fix lacks is clearing of two keys in OnSelectionChanged. But no one would notice this glitch I found in normal usage.

Anyhow, here is patch with that glitch corrected.

Attachments

• !!!SE - GUICoverFlow SMS v01.patch
      568 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom