Snapstream Beyond TV (1 Viewer)

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
I've been turning my dvd's into xvids with autogk, but I will play around with this and post anything I find. Check the plugins, see if there's an equivalent dvd library.

ZetaVu

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Others/MyDVDs/

If you have your DVD collection in one of the following programs:
AMC (Ant Movie Catalog)
DVDProfiler
eXtreme Movie Manager
Movie Collector

this plugin will import your collection into MP.

ANother ANT database importer
https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Others/MyFilms(ANTdatabaseImporter)/

Not sure the extent of 3rd pary apps, but you might have luck with these, let me know.

kf_man

Portal Member
August 14, 2006
ZetaVu, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I need to have an interface that requires no keyboard or mouse (not even the mouse of the Firefly software). I like what you have to say about your setup and I think I will follow your lead on that. I have been trying to setup the MP My TV, but I keep hitting walls with the Fusion 5 Lite. Even though it's supposedly supported, I'm having a number of problems including BSODs. As I am also a BeyondTV owner, I can really appreciate your view on the situation as well. I have it already and I really like it, so why mess with what's good? If you have any other suggestions, please share them as I want to have a box up and running by the end of the month for when I go back to school. I'm a little disappointed that I can't find all the functionality I need in one place, but I guess that's life afterall.

kf_man

Portal Member
August 14, 2006
Not really too important, but I was just thinking that I might also just go back to using Beyond Media Basic which comes with my Firefly remote since it can easily launch external programs anyway and it has some simple video playing functionality. Like I said before, I'm a little disappointed that I can't get it working just right using either MP or SS products alone, I'm a perfectionist to say the least and I always want things to work seamlessly.

In my mind, the true ideal is for SS to come out with the promised integrated product. As far as I'm concerned, if it's at least half as good as expectations and better than Beyond Media, I will be purchasing it. My big problem with both MP and MythTV is that configuration is very complicated and support can be a little difficult to find. As of now, I'm still hopefully that I can at least get My TV running, but then there are still other problems like the lack of a Link client. My ideal setup TV-wise would be to run the BTV server on the HTPC and have a Link client on my personal computer. That way I can still enjoy TV in my room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom