SnapStream Firefly remote. (1 Viewer)

urbanride

Portal Member
January 5, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
It works. sort of. its about as responsive as a dead hooker.

i tired the drivers that the config menu recommends. then i tried the ones from snapstream, the drivers only w/o Beyond media

same thing, just working a bit better. Before when i just used the remote on my regular desktop i could use the remote for 2-3 rooms away, now 2-3 feet away it basically useless. my other wireless stuff works fine. the fact that there was a difference in performance between the recommended and the actual snapstreams drivers leads me to believe its an issue with media portal.

i am using the latest media portal version 0.2.2, and same with the drivers

:confused:

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
try moving the receiver, there is also a hardware hack involving prising the firefly remote open and extracting the antenna allowing it to be extended.

phertiker

Portal Member
June 29, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
definitely keep the receiver as far away from electronic devices as you can.

check the batteries as well, they may be starting to go.

you can fire up that horrible "beyond media basic" software and specify a wireless channel too, just for troubleshooting purposes.

i love the firefly remote, but it completely eludes me why the signal is so picky and/or just plain crappy. my logitech wireless gamepad? works like a champ. even with 50 zillion other 2.4ghz signals flying through the living room.
the firefly didn't work all that well BEFORE i had all this other wireless crap.

having said that, i now have the receiver sitting right on top of the tv now and it works pretty well. go figure.

urbanride

Portal Member
January 5, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
yeah i have moved it around as much as i can i got a usb extender to move it even closer to the seating area, even you are next to it it still nearly as useless. but when i run snapstream stuff its perfectly responsive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom