Snapstream firefly with Windows Media Player Classic & Power DVD Ultra 7

Discussion in 'watch/edit Videos' started by SpykeZ, April 2, 2008.

1. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First off before I go asking for help, props to the dev's and everyone else who got it as far as it has come.

I did some searching and didn't seem to find anything that would help me, wasn't even sure what I should have been looking for.

Now onto my problems. I have a snapstream firefly remote and want to use it with media player classic and power dvd 7. I went through most of the "learn" process but half the buttons aren't very common sense on what they do. Theres a dvd button that opens up power dvd but no button that's obvious for opening my videos.

Now the main problem is once it loads up power dvd or MPC, that's all it'll do, none of the buttons do anything else. Can't pause, play, skips around, volume, nothing works. I can here the annoying sounds of buttons being pressed in the background and seems like it's still navigating around media portal's menus instead of focusing on the program like it should. I'd like the remote to act like it does with the crappy software that came with the remote but setting it up isn't exactly user friendly. With beyond media all I had to do was start up MPC and the buttons worked from there as long as beyond media was running, though the buttons don't work for power dvd either.

Also why does the learning process have the same sets of buttons 3 times in the list. Go through it once and that buttons list repeats itself 3 or 4 times.

So in a nutshell

-Can't get buttons to focus on power dvd or media player classic once started
    -Can't figure out what all the learn shortcuts are for nor can I find the one to lauch windows media player
    -I have an HD/Blue-ray combo drive and when clicking on play dvd from media player it tells me to insert disk even though the movie is in the drive

Thanks for all the help :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!