SocketException with rtmpe. Help please ! (1 Viewer)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am guessing that the server is simply taking it's time to respond on the first connect. Our timeout is now 5 seconds for that. I could set it higher, but this also means longer waiting on failed connections :( So after 5 seconds we assume no answer and disconnect. If you start the same video again, the server probably remembers the client connection (e.g. by IP) and responds earlier this time or another time. You can try to set the timeout higher (find the 5000 in the rtmp class and up it to like 60000 for a minute).

I can test your dll in the evening.

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: SocketException with rtmpe. Help please !

I am guessing that the server is simply taking it's time to respond on the first connect. Our timeout is now 5 seconds for that. I could set it higher, but this also means longer waiting on failed connections :( So after 5 seconds we assume no answer and disconnect. If you start the same video again, the server probably remembers the client connection (e.g. by IP) and responds earlier this time or another time. You can try to set the timeout higher (find the 5000 in the rtmp class and up it to like 60000 for a minute).

I can test your dll in the evening.

I already tried that but it's no change.

What is weird is that with rtmpdump it works every time. I can run ten times, each time he answers OK.

Perhaps a problem with the proxy on 127.0.0.1 ? Or the port is blocked ?

I'll try disabling the firewall and antivirus ...

EDIT : Same result with no firewall and no antivirus

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just tested your sites. Works pretty nice!
    I could (again) not reproduce the aborting thread. But also here sometimes the buffering would not start and would work on the second try. (We might have to accept that ...) It also happens on other sites with rtmp connections.

I committed another fix which prevented the timeout field value from beeing used correctly (it was overriden...).

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: SocketException with rtmpe. Help please !

Just tested your sites. Works pretty nice!
    I could (again) not reproduce the aborting thread. But also here sometimes the buffering would not start and would work on the second try. (We might have to accept that ...) It also happens on other sites with rtmp connections.

I committed another fix which prevented the timeout field value from beeing used correctly (it was overriden...).

Ok, so, you also have this log : "failed to read RTMP packet header" ?

I test with Desperate Housewives, or "Les bleus", because they are big videos.

Same problem with your last commit.

So, I think it's acceptable as it, I will not take all your time !! :)

Many thanks for your help, very nice ;)

I'll get back to when I finished to see if it is possible to integrate my sites as standard.

By !

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "failed to read RTMP packet header" is logged after the timeout elapsed when trying to read a new rtmp package. Yes, I have them as well, not very often, but regularly ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom