[Solved] AAC 5.1 plays back as 2.0 (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    So, LAVF can't handle 5.1 AAC streams then? I guess I'll have to install FFDShow as well as LAVF then. :(

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Installed latest FFDShow (audio filters only) setup MePo to use it for AAC, encode only 5.1, convert to 48kHz, but it crashes when I try to run my AAC 5.1 video. At first I tried to run it without kHz conversion, but then I just got a frozen picture without sound. I use LAVF for everything else. I wonder if I have to install SAF 6 again. :)

Emph

corcy

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't use codec packs. LAVF as the main codec for video and audio and FFDShow for postprocessing, Cyberlink Video for DVDs and TV are sufficient for my needs. Do you have both SAF and FFDShow installed? This might be the reason for crashes.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    No, I had LAVF with FFDShow, then uninstalled FFDShow and installed SAF. But the only working solution for me was to enable ReClock as renderer. This way, I can still use LAVF for everything.

Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Does this mean you have both SAF and LAVF?

No, only SAF 6.14 WIP. Now that I've figured out that I have to use ReClock anyway to get proper sound from 5.1 AAC files, I think I'm gonna drop SAF again and go back to LAFV with ReClock. I have been thinking about start using MePo Renderer for a while, but IIRC, it doesn't work correctly in WinXP. I have been putting of the move to Win7 for way to long on my HTPC, when I move to it instead, I'll try MePo Renderer instead of ReClock.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom