[solved] Help US please French Scraper ciné-passion (1 Viewer)

jlapin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2009
    fforde hello,

I want to thank you for your wonderful plugin.

I live in France, and I use the scraper "cine-passion" Titof created by your plugin.

Following modifications to the database of "cinema-passion" Titof can not change his scraper "cine-passion" because your plugin requires three requests for a movie.

Can help us poor French who are stuck, unable to date using this scraper.

thank you for your help and understanding.

attached the link for the application Titof: Issue 705 - moving-pictures - Allow Scraper Engine to Cache URL Requests - Project Hosting on Google Code

Ssssnake

Portal Member
    March 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Re : Help US please French Scraper ciné-passion

Hello,

First of all, many thanks for this marvellous plugin.

I'm joining the request from jlapin.

I'm a french speaking user and I also used the script created by Titof for the scraper "cine-passion" wich is by far the best french scraper for me.

But for now, it doesn't work anymore due to some modifications done to the site cine-passion wich is not free anymore but not really expansive too. They had to make these changes due to high bandwith consommations and to avoid cine-passion to disappear.

Like jlapin said, Movingpictures makes 3 requests for a movie, so we will use 3 credits for a movie if Titof updates his script now.

Can you help us by taking a look at the request Titof made to allow Moving-pictures to cache URL requests and update your amazing plugin.

Many thanks in advance,

Ssssnake.

jlapin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2009
    Re: Re : Help US please French Scraper ciné-passion

Hello,

if one of the developers of movie picture we can answer please

we're really at an impasse

good day

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Help US please French Scraper ciné-passion

I can assist on scrapers, but I do not know the French language, nor can I find the scraper source currently used.

titof

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Re: Help US please French Scraper ciné-passion

I can assist on scrapers, but I do not know the French language, nor can I find the scraper source currently used.

Hi,

We do not need help on scraper, we need this problem to be corrected ( Issue 705 - moving-pictures - Allow Scraper Engine to Cache URL Requests - A movies plugin for the MediaPortal media center application. - Google Project Hosting), because, MovingPictures makes 1 request for Movies Detail, 1 request for Backdrop, and 1 request for Covers.

Thanks for help ;)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Re : Re: Help US please French Scraper ciné-passion

Hi,

We do not need help on scraper, we need this problem to be corrected ( Issue 705 - moving-pictures - Allow Scraper Engine to Cache URL Requests - A movies plugin for the MediaPortal media center application. - Google Project Hosting), because, MovingPictures makes 1 request for Movies Detail, 1 request for Backdrop, and 1 request for Covers.

Thanks for help ;)

I actually created a test to try out an idea and it worked. The result is not pretty, because it involves abusing fields not meant for this purpose, but it does work.

What I did was inside the details node to obtain the cover and backdrop, and add them to the AKA field (as this is the only field not used in most skins). Then in the cover node you retrieve the value. The cover node however is unable to remove the AKA field modifications, so the result as mentioned is not pretty, but it does work (just tested it).

You are most likely better off waiting for fforde to release the next version that contains the URL Caching mechanism, but if the 1500 a day import limit is hurting you and you don't mind a messy result to make it work, then let me know and I can show you the modifications required to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom