[SOLVED] Naming files correctly (1 Viewer)

wormhole2k

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have tried to check the faq, but it does not seem to be answered here?.

What is the correct naming for movies?
In example

Mission Impossible
Mission Impossible II

It recognize"MissionImpossible.iso" fine, but "MissionImpossible2.iso" or "MissionImpossible_2.iso" or ""MissionImpossible_II.iso" is imported as "movie" ? Quite strange.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: Naming files correctly

The best ways to guarantee a match can be done via:

Inception (tt1375666).mkv

100%, MovPic will use the IMDb ID 'tt1375666' to get the movie details​

Inception.mkv
    Inception.nfo (contains 'tt1375666' inside of it)

100% if the simple NFO scraper is enabled (this is not the same as the XBMC NFO scraper)​

Inception (2010).mkv

Only works if there is not going to be another movie with the same title released in 2010 (or 2009/2011 if you use default year settings). Now on 'Inception' this is very unlikely to happen, but there are plenty of movies that share a title even in the same year. So in weird situations you could get 99% or less, because it then all depends on popularity. In most cases this will work fine, but be aware of a few rare exceptions that will happen (roughly 1 in 250 movies will fail on a large collection in my experience)​

Inception.mkv

Only works if no other movie title exists with this title. This is very risky, because of future sequels or prequels, or when a movie is a remake. In most cases this will work fine if you only have the most popular movies in your collections, but with as many remakes that are out you will still run into problems (roughly 1 in 50 movies will fail)​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom