[Solved] Please save my last hair..its gonna get pulled out. (1 Viewer)

Gelfling

February 15, 2009
TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version: 1.01
MediaPortal Skin: StreamMP
Windows Version: XP with sp3
CPU Type: Athlon
HDD: Raptor for OS, Seagate for data
Memory: 4gb
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: AVC Core
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Here is the issue...and I know its minor, but its driving me nuts. I use AVC Core, ffdshow, and Haali media splitter. All of my .m2ts files play great in wmp. The m2ts are BD re-encodes made with BD_Clown and have AC3 as their audio codec. When I am in Mediaportal, and I go to Moving Pictures, and I select a movie in m2ts format, I get a popup error box. The box is labeled "MKX" and the error in the box is:

A decoder for the new track could not be found:
Tract Type: (this is blank, no file listed)

There is a button to click okay. When I do that the movie will then play normally! I see Haali in the Icon tray and I also see an icon for the audio portion of the split from Haali. i do not however, see an icon for the video part of the stream. Still, the thing does play fine in media portal with approp sound and video, so why do I get that error box? Can I just disable that message? Could it be that Haali is splitting the video part of the m2ts and then can't decode it for some reason and some other codec is then taking over? I think m2ts are h264, so maybe AVC Core is taking over? If that's the case, I need to somehow tell Haali to use AVC Core form the start. Is ffdshow messing things up? ARGH!

I should note that in MediaPortal Config I have AVC Core selected as my h264 decoder and not ffdshow, which is the other option.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I yesterday fixed a (probably related) problem caused by Haali splitter - it was acting as the splitter for all transport streams - e.g. mts/m2ts etc (even though I unticked the 'transport stream' box when I installed it). Unfortunately it couldn't cope with some of them, giving codec errors like you are seeing.

I eventually fixed it by changing it's filter merit value to 'do not use' - that way it still works for MKV splitting but allows other splitters to handle the transport streams (in my case I have the MPC-HC splitter set to a high merit value to make it the preferred splitter).

Tony

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Could it be that Haali is splitting the video part of the m2ts and then can't decode it for some reason and some other codec is then taking over? I think m2ts are h264, so maybe AVC Core is taking over? If that's the case, I need to somehow tell Haali to use AVC Core form the start. Is ffdshow messing things up? ARGH!

I should note that in MediaPortal Config I have AVC Core selected as my h264 decoder and not ffdshow, which is the other option.

Haali is a splitter not a codec. Splitters split the container into the various streams, and codecs decode them. So yes, something is "taking over", ie doing the decoding and it is most likely CoreAVC.

If you want to see what a Directshow graph looks like, download and install graphstudio.

RadScorpion’s blog MONOGRAM GraphStudio

Start MP in windowed mode, play your file, and then run graphstudio and "connect to remote graph". It will draw you a picture showing all the splitters, codecs and renderers used to play the file. It should help you understand what is going on with the file.

Another useful tool for troubleshooting codec problems is mediainfo. It can provide details of the streams in the container. It sounds like you may have a bad encode with an extra track in it that can't be decoded.

MediaInfo - Download

Gelfling

February 15, 2009
    Update: I solved the issue. I reinstalled windows xp from scratch, and followed the install instructions for SAF (Stand Alone Filters). Now it all works and there are no error messages. Thanks!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom